Any other wheels fit a DC5 ???

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
Which other 17" alloys fit the DC5 ?

What about the Accord type R ?
Or even the Lancer EVO VIII ?

Does anyone know the pcd / offsets for the DC5 ?

Cheers

Trung

Advanced Member
Tom at T&G Auto has a DC5 running on EVO VIII Enkies. From when I can remember, you need some sort of spacer to fill the gap of the centre bore of the EVO VIII wheel. You'll also require different wheel nuts.

jonster

Advanced Member
It's actually 55 offset. I'm running with 40 offset on 16" rims to clear the front calipers. The offset difference has only improved the handling. It also depends on what spoke design you have to determine if you can clear the front caliper.

I'd give Julian at Rare Rims a call because he's sold quite a few sets in different sizes for the DC5. http://www.rarerims.co.uk

Cheers,

Jon

iDrew

Advanced Member
Jon

Would you say 38mm offset would be OK, they don't do the Buddy Club wheels I want in any higher :?

jonster

Advanced Member
I would have thought 38mm offset would be fine. The wheels will be further out away from the hub/caliper with a small offset value.

It would be best to offer a wheel up, to be sure the spokes clear the caliper.

Cheers,

Jon

jonster

Advanced Member
Not too sure about the CTR wheels. I assume they weigh a tonne so I don't think that many people have tried.

Offer some up if you can.

Cheers,

Jon

GaryMan

my cousin nicked off with my ctr wheels and put it onto his Euro-R 8)

he didnt have any problems so i would presume so

SpeedWerx.net

the manin issue of clearance is in the rear. im running 17x7 work emotion CR with a 225/45 falken azenis tire and it just barely clears in the rear. a 215/45 would be the "recomended" tire, but not for track use! :D

Evs

Advanced Member
Jon - my OEM wheels have got '60' stamped inside them - doesn't that mean 60mm offset?

Here's a pic of a DC5 with EP3 rims:

jonster

Advanced Member
I guess it may mean 60 offset. I'm surprised because my OEM's where 55. It shouldn't really make any difference.

Jon

aznboysrfr

hm, so I take it a 16x7.5, +42 offset wheel (SSR type c/competition) would fit over the brembos without much of a problem, correct?

EVega

Posted on CRSX and got no response so u guys might b able help me out alittle better. I have the Brembos off the ITR on my RSX but i dont have a wheel yet. I was looking into the Enkei RPF1 17x7.5 but the offset offered close enough is a 48 offset. Will this be a problem with a 225/45 tire or should i clear with no problems.

T666YPR

I've just fitted Rota Attack 17x7.5x45 and they clear easily.

Had the option of et45 or et48 and was told the smaller the et No. the more clearance for the calipers.
(As I'm not gen'd up on alloy fitments I can't swear to the et size comment)

Jonster may know more.(He has 16s fitted)

Simon

Sharpey

Advanced Member
I use 7.5x17 Rota Attacks ET48 with 225x45 tyres for track use and they do rub the arches a bit over bumps, plenty of calliper clearance though.
I think the wheels are fine but next time I will be using 215 tyres I don't think there will be a problem then.

I don't have any knowledge of the Enkei wheels but if they clear the callipers with an ET of 48 and 225x45 tyres they will rub the arches especially with 4 up.

Chris