Any recommendations on wheel refurb?

griffy

Advanced Member
I'm in Berkshire 15mins from TGM. Need refurb and paint. Any recommendations would be appreciated, want them mint 😎

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
TGM don't actually do it themselves, they send them away but the quality is second to none. I paid £300 all in for a complete colour change, and when I picked them up Tom at TGM informed me two were slightly buckled so they had sorted that too in the price. :) ive had no issues with them atall, and they still look as fresh now as when I picked them up.

Week I put tyres on.....

Day I took wheels off for winter...

Keep the protected and the paint looks better than the car at times haha

p1tse

Advanced Member
I have these for sale if you want some interim wheels with no kerb marks but are used (tyres are on wear indicator, so suggest need new tyres)

Bristol based and can meet along m4 ;)

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Whats the average price for a refurb? I find £300 very steep? You could probably sell the wheels, add the £300 you were going to spend on refurb then have 6 to 700 to play with for a replacement set of aftermarket wheels?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I paid £200 for mine, all done and sanded down to bare metal by hand.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jrscho

Advanced Member
TyperItr said:
Whats the average price for a refurb? I find £300 very steep? You could probably sell the wheels, add the £300 you were going to spend on refurb then have 6 to 700 to play with for a replacement set of aftermarket wheels?
I was quoted £300 to refurb my se37's, that's blast sanded and sprayed to a very high standard. Which I thought was a good price.. But for oem wheels it seems abit expensive..

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Oh if i was doing my OEM id do it myself, i paid very little for my rotas and already had tyres so I thought 300 was fair. And how they have come out is brilliant, depends what you want.

Yes I could have saved money and put it towards some genuine ones or more expensive ones, but I wanted champ white, and a better offset so regardless of wheels I would have had them painted...better todo it to a cheaper set in my case. :) but between £40-60 a wheel ive had quotes for so I thought thats a fair price.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
When I looked it was nearer 400 for a same day service which included fitting and removal with a full strip powder coat and paint. Balance new valves the full works.
Or 45 per wheel for a sand and paint.

I wasn't sure what colour I wanted and mine didn't have any kerbing or damage so just went for the latter.

adam.

Advanced Member
I find with wheel refurbs, you get what you pay for.

You could spend a small fortune with Lepsons and they'd be absolutely pristine.

Or, you could spend £40 a wheel at BJV (for example) and they'd be 'alright'.

griffy

Advanced Member
Cool thanks, Yeh I knew TGM could paint them, didn't realise they had a good refurb contact. I'll sling them to Tom. Cheers

griffy

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
I have these for sale if you want some interim wheels with no kerb marks but are used (tyres are on wear indicator, so suggest need new tyres)

Bristol based and can meet along m4 ;)