any regrets after selling

dp9901

Advanced Member
as im currently tying to sell my dc5 to free up money, i keep feeling i should just keep it but then reality sets back in and i need to sell it really.just wondering for those who have sold up any regrets after its gone :?:

Evs

Advanced Member
Not really. I didn't enjoy watching it drive away, have the odd pang when I see a really nice one on the road or in pics, but I can't honestly say I miss it so I'm sure I did the right thing :D

Newty

Advanced Member
You shouldn't have regrets over a car. Many things are more important. More things that money is needed for. More to life than a tin. Let her go...release her to another being...and stuff!!!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I miss mine like crazy :cry:

but she had to go as life changes blah blah :cry:

fonz600

Advanced Member
I regret selling mine. Went for an Evo instead. Crashed that and now got a JRSC JDM EP3 but still find myself loitering here and considering another DC5.

cfoster

Advanced Member
I was kind of gutted when I sold my first DC5. Bought an M3 to replace it with which was nice, plus tried a few other cars, Evo 7, Subaru etc. I couldnt find a car that was as nice to be honest overall so ended up buying the current DC5 I have now!! Will probably keep it for another 6 months or so then buy either a 350z or f150 lightning truck!! (depending on the missus!!!!!)

Chris

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
When I sold the EP3 CTR I did wonder if I would like the DC5 as much and if I was making the right decision and was a little gutted when I watched it drive away.

Needless to say after owning the DC5 for a few months now it was a no brainer really....the Teg is fantastic and I'm loving it :D

I'd certainly miss it if I didn't have it.

mikegsi

Staff member
dont regret it but didnt enjoy seeing it drive away, however the 370 mile drive home in the evo i bought made up for it :D

impne

Advanced Member
Big big big mistake

Only 1 week after it was gone missing it like mad.

Seeing 2 white ones every week in Boro doesn't help at all :(

celox performance

Advanced Member
I only sold mine a few weeks ago and I already want another one :(

I couldn't live with the DC5 I had as an everyday car but if I did started over again then i'd get a standard one with just a KPRO if possible and aim it for fast road instead of just for the track. After selling it I miss the way it handled and the feel I got through the steering wheel. It also felt a very solid car on the road.

I'll be getting another one at some point, but I get the feeling it may be sooner rather than later and i've already kept my CE28N's just incase :)

MattDC5

Advanced Member
Im in the process of selling at the moment and i know i'll miss it when its gone. However the money is being used for bigger and better things, so its not a problem.

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
A big regret of mine was selling my DC2 - Sold it since I had convinced myself I needed a more business-oriented car... I went for a BMW 335 Coupe and ok it was fast and had a multitude of gadgets, but tbh I missed the DC2 and haven't been really happy with a car until I got my current DC5 - theres just something about these things 8)

jay82

Advanced Member
Re:

i don't think i could sell the car unless she got robbed and the garda recovered it unharmed i'd just have to sell it if you know what i mean so never taught about selling it
mikegsi said:
dont regret it but didnt enjoy seeing it drive away, however the 370 mile drive home in the evo i bought made up for it :D
think the dc5 mikegsi is talking about here was his first one and from memory he bought a 04 tegg and swapped 04 tegg for his first tegg back, so goes to show you will miss it =D>
but i think he sold it again :-k

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
I bought an M3 CS to replace the DC5, ended up keeping both, and when the decision had to be made which one to get shot of I decided to keep the Honda!Even now most mates ask after the M3, but never the DC5....little do they know about how these involving Hondas get under your skin! :-$

mikegsi

Staff member
Re: Re:

jay82 said:
i don't think i could sell the car unless she got robbed and the garda recovered it unharmed i'd just have to sell it if you know what i mean so never taught about selling it
mikegsi said:
think the dc5 mikegsi is talking about here was his first one and from memory he bought a 04 tegg and swapped 04 tegg for his first tegg back, so goes to show you will miss it =D>
but i think he sold it again :-k

Yeah that was first time round! Bought my first Evo before sticking it into a couple of trees, was banned from 'sports' cars by the missus so bought a big auto diesel (which the missus loved and now drives!) and worked my way back to a dc5 via a Crx, prelude, jdm ctr and then the 04 teg, which I did indeed deal for my original 02 modded one! She was my baby! But then I got the nod for another Evo and that was me, the teg is without question the better looking car, and I felt a lot more comfortable chucking it into the twisties, there's just something about the Evo's though

Not many can say they've had 2 lots of pangs of guilt seeing the same car drive away twice!!