any wheel guru's?

Aly

Advanced Member
My alloy sizes would be:

Alloy: 18x7.5
Tyre: 215/35/18
ET: ?
Eibach Springs: 25-30mm drop.

What sort of ET would make this possible?

Rob R

Advanced Member
Could probably get away with ET45? The actual wheels aren't any wider than standards, will just pretude a bit more.

OE wheels are ET60 and take the same width tyre as you mentioned, so it would be the equivilant to adding a set of 15mm spacers to OE wheels. Will fill the arch quite nicely I think.

Rob R

Advanced Member
Wasn't sure if it was 7" or 7.5", either way the 215 profile remains the same.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
et 45 should be fine if you stay with std size tyres, could be a little close on the back but i would be confident they would clear.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
215-35-18 is flatter than oem. It drives like a pig, had them before...better take 215-40-18 if u want 18 inch.
215-30-18 will clear but it al depends on ET value --> 45

Grunty

Advanced Member
I'm running 215-40-18 on a 7.5" wheel lowered on eibach springs, ET45 and no rubbing for me.

Aly

Advanced Member
Have you got any pictures on the site?

Does going from 35 to 40 tyre thickness make that big a difference?

Aly

Advanced Member
Does it look like there is space for an 18" alloy to fit with a 40 tyre?

Grunty

Advanced Member
Agree ride with 35 is awful, 40 does make a difference. Not huge though. I've been considering going to 17s for a while but don't like standard wheels and dont have the funds for anything else at the moment, and I do like the way the 18's look.

Thats what it looks like with 18's and 40's, I had to copy that from a post I made on TRO because i cant get on my photobucket account at work. So not sure if you can view that or not.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
heres mine with 18's and 40 series. fitted fine no rubbage but close on the back, when loaded up there was a mm or so as the tyre passed the arch but it cleared so no problems.

7.5x18 et45, 215x40x18.

Aly

Advanced Member
Grunty what is your car on? springs or coils and what MM is it dropped by?

It would seem 40 is going to be my choice then, i have a fast road set up but not sure what the camber is on my wheels? is it a standard amount or does it differ?

Grunty

Advanced Member
Aly said:
Grunty what is your car on? springs or coils and what MM is it dropped by?

It would seem 40 is going to be my choice then, i have a fast road set up but not sure what the camber is on my wheels? is it a standard amount or does it differ?
Just lowered on eibach springs with fast road set up.

Think the drop is 25mm on eibach springs but I can't remember exactly, I'm sure i'll be corrected if I am wrong. Fast road set up usually doesn't mean any drastic camber so i would be surprised if it was any more than neg 1.5-2 deg.