Anybody got the Unit 8 fast road camber settings?

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
Looking to get eibach springs/camber arms and fast road set-up.

Think I'll be getting the parts from unit 8 , but their fast road settings are slightly different than the ones TGM use?

Unit 8 suggested these below and said ...
"It will keep stability and sharpness but not too aggressive"

which sounds good to me as I don't do track days and don't want anything too extreme on the roads.

Camber
Front -1.2 Degrees Neg Per Side
Rear -1.0 Degreed Neg Per Side

Toe
Front 0mm
Rear 1mm Total

any opinions on their set-up?

cheers...

celox performance

Advanced Member
The cambers fine, too much camber and your car will tramline. I used to run 3.5 degrees of neg camber and it was an absolute pig to drive on the road so i'm now using 1 degree neg all round.

Personally i'd toe the front out by 1mm total toe. I've tried both toe out and 0 toe but toe out gets my vote both for road and track use. On the rear 1mm total toe is also correct providing that it's toe in and not toe out.

phil r

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
The cambers fine, too much camber and your car will tramline. I used to run 3.5 degrees of neg camber and it was an absolute pig to drive on the road so i'm now using 1 degree neg all round.

Personally i'd toe the front out by 1mm total toe. I've tried both toe out and 0 toe but toe out gets my vote both for road and track use. On the rear 1mm total toe is also correct providing that it's toe in and not toe out.
the same as adam above( celox performance } he confirmed this when I asked for fast road settings & my car feels fantastic :D

logik

Advanced Member
celox performance said:

Holy crap mate, you were running 3.5 neg??? Must of been like a brick.

Evs

Advanced Member
I'd agree with Phil & Adam - touch of toe out on the front would be better than parallel imho. Camber settings are fine although I personally prefer it the same front and rear.

celox performance

Advanced Member
logik said:
celox performance said:

Holy crap mate, you were running 3.5 neg??? Must of been like a brick.
Yes it did want to throw me in the hedge-often :lol:

alucardo

Advanced Member
My settings where done by unit 8
Camber
Front -1.0 Degrees Neg Per Side

Toe
Front 0mm
Rear 1mm Total

Its fine not aggressive at all however change of camber etc car pulls a little but thats tobe expected but its not harsh and perfectly controlable day to dayl.

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
cheers for the replys....

think I'll be going for this set-up.....

Camber
Front -1.0 Degrees Neg Per Side

Toe out Front 1mm
Toe in Rear 1mm Total

Do I need to give anymore details other than this to the garage for them to set-up the tracking/alignment?

phil r

Advanced Member
any body got the unit 8 fast road camber settings

No that will be fine mate :wink:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I agree too,
I was running -3.5 fromt and -4 deg on the back, it was a handful on the road

JT3173

Advanced Member
celox performance said:

Until I managed to knock the N/S wheel out alignment out on a curb at the Ring I was running about 2.5 degree's of neg at the front and 2.0 of neg at the rear and 1mm toe out at the front and 0 at the rear, I found it twitchy on the road but by god was it eager to turn in though and I will go back to the settings when I get my geo done again.

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
With the Eiback springs will the car be lower?

I wouldn't mind getting this sort of setup done on mine but if I lower the car by even 1cm i'm not going to get it down my drive :(

Cheers, Matt.

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
Hmm, not gonna be happening then. At the moment the bottom of the car just about scrapes the floor depending on what angle I go down the drive at.

To be honest though I wouldn't say that the car handles badly at all anyway. Just looking for ways to spend money :p

Matt.

phil r

Advanced Member
Croccy said:
Hmm, not gonna be happening then. At the moment the bottom of the car just about scrapes the floor depending on what angle I go down the drive at.

To be honest though I wouldn't say that the car handles badly at all anyway. Just looking for ways to spend money :p

Matt.
Hi bud ye does lower 25 mil , shame that mate it is a big differance in handling :(

brucey87

Advanced Member
got a fast road setup booked for tommorow but cant decide to go 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0 degrees neg camber all round? would it tramline at 2.0 degrees? may do a happy medium and go 1.5?

celox performance

Advanced Member
I've got 1.5 degrees neg all round at the moment and the car doesn't tramline at all. I had 2.5 degrees which did tramline quite a bit. I don't know if that's of any help to you :?

JT3173

Advanced Member
Re:

celox performance said:

Well I finally got my geometry done again this week and like Celox I am running 2.0 neg camber at the front with 1mm of toe out and 2.5 degrees of neg camber at the rear with 1mm of toe in.

I have already noted on the road it is very twitchy and responsive and turns in soooo well.

You can see though with the Potenza 070s that the rear large tread blcks are ever so slightly off the ground so I will have to check my tyre pressures and make sure they are spot on.

I also think I will spend alot longer at the Ring warming the tyres up as I fear it may take longer at the rear.