Anybody played with Nitrous?

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Hi,

My last Honda had a Supercharged K20 in it, and I know for a fact once I get the DC5 running that i'll want a bit more power, even though the supercharger whine was great it wasn't a substitute for the glorious induction noise you get with a Gruppe M for example. So short of going for a fully built K24 I am thinking about running nitrous.

The plan is to run a twin fogger dry dual stage system with the extra fuel added via the injectors, I've got ID 725's so that should see me good for more power than i'd realistically run on nitrous! I'm thinking of setting it up for say 30-50hp for second gear and then adding an additional 30-50hp for 3rd gear and up.

Has anybody played with nitrous before, how easy was it to set up and would you do it again?

If anybody is interested here is my old Supercharged K20 Prelude:

Midnight

Advanced Member
Supercharger noise > Gruppe M noise.

If it's power you're after why not go turbo instead of supercharger? You'll get better numbers and be quicker on a straight. Albeit taking away from what a DC5 was built for...

alfa27

Advanced Member
I was running nos for drag racing.

Tbh Its a money pit. I regret not putting the money towards a supercharger or turbo.

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Cheers for the reply.
How much were you running on nitrous? Because of bottle refills or simply getting it working correctly?

alfa27

Advanced Member
Bottle refils. Think I was using two bottles every drag day. Was around €60 or 70 to refill a bottle. It all adds up.

As a daily forget about it.

Plus my line kept blowing off. It's a pain.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Supercharger noise > Gruppe M noise.

If it's power you're after why not go turbo instead of supercharger? You'll get better numbers and be quicker on a straight. Albeit taking away from what a DC5 was built for...
Similar thoughts here also, I wanted power so brought myself an R33 GTR V-Spec running an R34 V-Spec Nur 2 Engine built in Japan for Drag racing running 562WHP on low boost and over 800WHP on high with the top speed clocked at 212mph. There was pretty much nothing standard left on the car but if BIG powers the goal then isn't similar to what I had more up your street?

Never been in a Charged or Turbo'd DC5 so can't comment but for bigger power a turbo's more the way to go I'd say

PS The prelude looks awesome, bet that went well ?

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Ah right, yea I can see how the cost quickly adds up, not before too long you have then spent enough money to go supercharged, or turbo...