ANYBODY TRIED USING CRN PRODUCTS LTD

benny

Advanced Member
needed some new disks and pads so spent a while soucing them from around the internet, got some quality pads for the front and rear from 2 different sights, about 60 quid del. arrived in 2 days, the disks i found were some zinc coated drilled and grooved for 168 del. after a week still nothing so i email them, the reply i got was this...

We have been delayed getting all orders through the website. In future, call us or go on ebay.

REGARDS

OLLY

bit late tellin me now,and i bit stupid tellin me know after i bought them, so i emailed back to ask when, i get this....
The order has been printed off, and will be processed shortly. If you have a problem, please call us!

REGARDS

OLLY

just spoke to them now, they have no idea when there gettin the disks!!!!! and would i like a refund, and on the invoice on my email it was dc2 disks, i ordered dc5 disks,
apparently the website is nothing to do with the company! so they dont get the orders,
just a word of warning dont use em, there not very good, or very email friendly, the guy on the phone was okay though..
so anyone know where i can get some front and rear disks from preferably drilled ones, mot is on the 27 may!!!and i need them
cheers all

raz786

Advanced Member
Hey mate, I was looking for drilled discs at one point, found some Spoon ones on VTEC drect which were a good price (can't remember how much exactly), but I think C&S EVO (Simon) did say that they don't actually make them :? Why not get a company to make you drilled discs ased on the OEM discs, is it Hi-Spec that do this?

mikegsi

Staff member
pretty sure they have a gb running permanently on ctro, think i bought front discs off them for my ctr

benny

Advanced Member
got some from my local parts center, comin tomo cant wait, mot round the corner 150 for the set of oem ones, just popped in on the off chance and they can get them, so they'll do,
still well miffed of with crn though :xmad: !!!! time wasters :xrealangry:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
You could have bought std genuine ones from Honda for less than that. they re only 50 ish a disc.
there seems to be a big problem with dc5 discs, most people think they are the same as civic type r or dc2 so be carefull when ordering, i have emailed several companies who have the same part number listed for both cars, ep and dc5 but they have done nothing about it.

benny

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
You could have bought std genuine ones from Honda for less than that. they re only 50 ish a disc.
there seems to be a big problem with dc5 discs, most people think they are the same as civic type r or dc2 so be carefull when ordering, i have emailed several companies who have the same part number listed for both cars, ep and dc5 but they have done nothing about it.
your partly right and also slighty out,
companies are gettin the disks mixed up, and they do think there the same as the civics, and there not, the civic ones are slighty more shallow at the hub, and they dont fit, not even close,
and honda want 97 inv vat for the front, and 88 for the rear inc vat,
my motorfactor place uses everycompany available for brakes and they cant get them, and they reckon the rears are not even available in the country, so honda it is then!
hope this helps people in the future when trying to souce parts.

jay82

Advanced Member
benny said:
C&S Evo7 said:
your partly right and also slighty out,
companies are gettin the disks mixed up, and they do think there the same as the civics, and there not, the civic ones are slighty more shallow at the hub, and they dont fit, not even close,
and honda want 97 inv vat for the front, and 88 for the rear inc vat,
my motorfactor place uses everycompany available for brakes and they cant get them, and they reckon the rears are not even available in the country, so honda it is then!
hope this helps people in the future when trying to souce parts.
contact dave at steels mate if ordering them from honda, i'm from ireland and have two honda stealers 15min drive each way and i'd rather deal dave in the uk.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9639&start=0