Anyone after a baffled sump

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
I know these have been asked before but :

1)How would that compare to getting this put in, same thing I'm guessing?

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/ep/engine-tuneup/tegiwa-oil-sump-baffle-kit-honda-civic-ep3-integra-dc5-k20a.html

2) how do these compare to an aftermarket sump eg spoon?

3) is this completely necessary for 2 track days a year?

Thanks in advance.
1. To be fair, it looks like a Tegiwa weld in kit that JPP are selling, which i'm sure is a replica to something else. However, remember the sump pan is aluminium and not everyone will be happy to weld it for you.

2. A baffled sump is a baffled sump, the difference between the brands in terms of functionality shall be near nill. I run a ClockWiseMotion one for example.

3. If you are running semi slicks then I would say yes (some people will try and argue otherwise but why risk an engine rebuild for the sake of £100 quid or so). If you are just on road tyres you would "probably" be ok with a slight overfill on the oil.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Perfect, thanks for the info.

Think I will pass for now then as I will be using Road tyres anyway.

May re Consider in future if anyone wants to try and set up a clockwise motion drop in group buy?

Rom

Advanced Member
Is that just a plate ? Or does it have other plates extending down on it ? Because that looks extremely simple. Either way, if your remotely handy, you can make your own for the cost of the sheet, and the time to cut and shape.

I made my own baffles, with a trapdoor for my 205.

Ive not looked at any pictures, but does the K20 have a windage tray ?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
It is basically a plate, you'd need to look at it to see if there was anything additional to it but it should prevent all the oil sloshing to one side.

I believe the biggest for most people with sink baffles for the dc5 is the sump is alloy as opposed to steel and I certainly struggled to find someone in Edinburgh who would weld alloy at a decent price.

The clockwise drop in is about £200 I think.