Anyone driven both facelift and pfl?

JezW

Advanced Member
Anyone has driven both of them? I prefer the look of the PFL (especially the rear) but the facelift does seem to have quite a few upgrades:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Integra_DC5#Changes_from_2004_to_2005

Just wondering if things like these are worth it:

-Revised suspension tuning for increased handling precision and a smoother ride
-Refined steering system for enhanced feel and quicker response
-Optimized braking system
-Vehicle noise and vibrations reduced
-Engine damper added to front subframe to reduce engine rocking and vibration transmitted from the engine to the cabin
-Insulation material added at key points on doors and roof to reduce road noise
-Side-mirror gaps sealed and weather strip added
-Deeply bolstered front seats with thicker cushions
-Freshened interior design

It seems there were quite a few upgrades to make the ride more comfortable for daily driving as well as for performance.

I'm looking for a daily so can anyone please tell me whether they have driven both and noticed it to be that much more comfortable and reduced road noise etc. Personally, I doubt I would notice the difference when on a track, but perhaps some of these other upgrades make it worth it?

I've got my eyes on a nice FL atm...

Also, can that black strip on the FL rear bumper be painted? Anyone on here done that? The only other way to change the rear on the facelift seems to be two DC5 PFL rear lights and bumper or a mugen rear lip.

Maybe something like this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/05-06-RSX-2dr-Mugen-Rear-Bumper-Lip-Urethane-/380483482567#vi-content

Anyone know roughly how much a real mugen rear lip would be?

Thanks

Torque-GT

They are very similar to drive. If you drove both blindfolded (not recommended!) and were asked to tell the difference you would struggle.

JezW

Advanced Member
Ahh thank you, I couldn't see the option in the editor.

I'm sure I wouldn't notice the difference in the actual driving, I'm just wondering about the differences in ride comfort and sound proofing, etc. Basically the upgrades that may make it preferable as a daily.

jcamerz

Advanced Member
I would recomend the mugen lip kit expensive but worth it transforms the look

Torque-GT

The differences in ride comfort and soundproofing are negligible as well really. As I said, you'd struggle to tell the difference other than aesthetically.

Bonito

Advanced Member
Basically they added some more weight and made it quieter. If you plan on modding it (and you probably will) then the only thing you need to decide on is which looks nicer.

If you don't plan on modding it then the only thing you need to decide on is which looks nicer.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Bonito said:
Basically they added some more weight and made it quieter. If you plan on modding it (and you probably will) then the only thing you need to decide on is which looks nicer.

If you don't plan on modding it then the only thing you need to decide on is which looks nicer.
So he needs to decide which looks nicer :)

As said though, I don't think you'll notice much, if any difference.

Bonito

Advanced Member
Yes but then he needs to decide which colour. Or maybe the colour should come 1st. Many a sleepless night ahead!

JezW

Advanced Member
Thanks Nicky, that's a great video. I saw it the other night and it's actually one of the things tempting me towards the facelift...

That Mugen rear lip is so nice...but £504+ VAT ](*,)

I prefer the front of the facelift but the rear of the PFL...but a facelift wouldn't look right with the rear of a PFL...hmmmm

What are the chances I find someone that has a mugen rear lip on a facelift and wants to swap it for OEM + cash?

I spoke to the seller of the facelift today and it sounds like a really good deal...

anton1234

Advanced Member
Bonito said:

And quicker! ;)

JezW

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
obviously the pre is nicer..lol
I like both...

Prefer the facelift from the front and the PFL from the rear...

That FL with mugen rear lip beats all though :)

Freya

Advanced Member
lol dave!

I have a PFL as my daily and have no complaints. I haven't driven the FL but I don't expect the upgrades will make a drastic difference to drive quality. To be honest you could upgrade the suspension etc on the FL anyway. It's your call :) The PFL's bum definetely looks better ;)

Kerv

Advanced Member
I test drove both before buying mine.
The FL did feel a little more comfortable than the PFL on the standard suspension.
But most people lower their cars because it looks and feels better, hense it then comes down to looks. FL for me!

I dont think my bum looks too bad!! :xyes: