Anyone fancy a go at Sprinting??

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
As a long time member of the MLR and their club magazines staff snapper i thought some of you might be interested in this..

Sprinting-

the next event is Blyton in Lincs on Sun 1st June and some spaces are available- at £129 for the day its great value and something a bit different to have a go at rather than a trackday, this is a PROPER competitive event,

If we can get 2 or more DC5's they will even put up a trophy for the fastest.

basically they have a guest class at all the sprints , for your money you will get around 8 practice runs and then in the afternoon 8 competitive runs. at Blyton if the event finishes before the curfew then they will try and get the track opened up as a free trackday until the time curfew is reached for all those who have competed that day ( thats not guaranteed but it has happened before) it all depends if there are any delays during the day.

Chris Dc5 did one a year or two ago at Combe and had a great time, even came second by 1/100th of a second in guest class to a well driven M3, Its pretty good fun, passengers are allowed too.

The only thing you need is a helmet, long sleeved top and a small 1.5kg handheld fire extinguisher fixed within reach of the drivers seat (most people cable tie them to the passenger seat adjuster with some big cable ties. its not an MSA event so roll cage etc is not required, its fun and competitive too.
theres a link to the ticket shop here , if you have any questions message me or post them here and i will get back to you asap.

booking --http://www.lancerregister.com/store_category.php?id=18#/

circuit info--http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=481448

video from combe---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggQSoorw9_g

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely Yes, my problem is timing as I'm due on Rico Rally End of June and really can't risk breaking anything or worse still wearing something down and then it breaking 3000m up in Swiss alps :/ otherwise I'd have been there in a shot! Possible to put down for next event??

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
what do you think you are going to break or wear out ?

Im not sure of availability on the next one, this one would have been ideal as its on the second day of a double header the saturday is evos and 22B club on the sunday its GTR's and Porches and us if we can get some names down, im pretty sure the dc5s wont be last either looking at the track

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Well with my track record clutch and gearbox would be favourites

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
I wish more motorsporty type stuff happened up where i stay! As i'd def fancy this.

martinj46

Advanced Member
Coldfuse said:
I wish more motorsporty type stuff happened up where i stay! As i'd def fancy this.
We are quite limited, but if you fancied trying your hand at sprinting, there are regular events at Fintray, Alford and Boyndie

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
martinj46 said:
We are quite limited, but if you fancied trying your hand at sprinting, there are regular events at Fintray, Alford and Boyndie
What does this sort of thing happen? Is there any way of finding out?

martinj46

Advanced Member
Coldfuse said:
What does this sort of thing happen? Is there any way of finding out?
Sadly it's never very well advertised. Have a look on the admc website, there might be something on there, but it's not updated very often.