Anyone had a go with this?

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Its a new release from meguiars called "Ulitmate Wash & Wax Anywhere"

I saw it in halfords yesturday and basically its a waterless wash and wax for light to moderately dirty cars, bit skeptical about using it though as im worried it may scratch when you are wiping grit/dirt etc.

Has anyone tried it, got any opinions?

Here is a link with all the details and a video of how to use it:

http://www.meguiars....h-Wax-Anywhere/ - Details on the product.

http://www.meguiars....ideo-demos/1531 - video demo of how to use the product.

Porthos, you are known as the meguiars man on here have you used it?

Thanks

Dan

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if its from meguiars it wont damage your car, they have been doing polish stuff for 100 odd years unlike most other brands. all their products are great quality and , if the directions are followed all work superbly

coolerking

Advanced Member
I'd disagree, waterless washing will still cause damage to the paint, most likely a lot of marring

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I really would like to have a go of this stuff :) Today would be ideal, lol.

Notice they say light to moderate dirt, and wipe it lightly.
Heavy grit or mud, they say hose the car down.

Totally transparent there. So just follow the instructions. Don't use it if you have a car covered in grit. Or if you do, hose it down first and it saves you using a bucket/shampoo.

Stuff looks perfect for using at car shows. I always just quick detail mine, with never any problems, but sometimes you cant beat that just washed look!

Magic

Tbh, with Honda's woefully soft paint I would steer clear of any waterless wash products. You're just asking for trouble. They originate from America where it hardly ever rains (in California, home of detailing!) and where the cars end up in a light sprinkling of dust. In the UK, with our weather, we end up with cars full of mud and all sorts of thick heavy dirt. Just steer clear would be my advice as a professional detailer.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i know the meguiars guys really well, if there was a good chance that the product could damage your paint they wouldnt sell it period.

HOWEVER mis use of any cleaning product can damage any paint no matter how hard it is. you could damage paint with speed detailer if you use it incorrectly and with the wrong type of applicator, as Porthos says, im sure it is designed for the show cars who want something a little more than a detailer but not a full wash when they arrive at a show. (we seem to have this discussion every week do we take the bucket or not....)

like magic says steer clear if your not sure.

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Well thanks for your opinions guys, i would never use it if my car was mega dirty anyway i had a go with it and was quite impressed, my car is hardly ever dirty though so i guess i was using it as an alternative to a speed detailer as it has wax in it aswell. Will definately be brilliant for shows though ;)

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Used it on my Black R33 GTR with no issues. Yet to try it on my Teg but it'll be less scary because it's white.

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
i don't know if id trust it tbh, but for the touch less i have my snow foam then a after a two bucket wash, paint cleaner and meguires polish and wax.

i also have a great window cleaning product as I'm a window cleaner for work :D

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I have now used this a few times, and it works very well BUT it is not for really dirty cars, its suitable for cars that have been washed, then driven to show maybe and need a bit more than a detailer can cope with,

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I used this for the first time at JAE and it's very good. My car was already pretty clean before the show though so only needed to remove light dirt. I wouldn't use it as a main wash.

The key is to use several microfibre cloths and fold it each time you go over one section of the car.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
As above, not used it myself but common sense tells you not to use it if you have accumulated a few weeks worth of grit and grime.