Anyone had one of these?

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Aye mate...I`ve got two of these in my `Teg..one for the left speaker and one for the right..not bad really,just a bit noisy at times 8)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I have actually seen this in the flesh a couple of years ago while i was sponsored by Rockford Fosgate, it was freakin huge, doubt it would even go in the boot of a teg, might be tight even with the seats down,
I have never seen one running in a car although there is a few in the US as far as i know.

good luck with your purchase. value its not far off the mark, if you were doing a huge build in lets say a hummer, to buy 17K or real watts of quality amplification would be around the same price and take up more space.

that said in our last big build we had around 3k and 8 12" woofers to produce 150+ db in an evo. and it cost much less than that.

raz786

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
I have actually seen this in the flesh a couple of years ago while i was sponsored by Rockford Fosgate, it was freakin huge, doubt it would even go in the boot of a teg, might be tight even with the seats down,
I have never seen one running in a car although there is a few in the US as far as i know.

good luck with your purchase. value its not far off the mark, if you were doing a huge build in lets say a hummer, to buy 17K or real watts of quality amplification would be around the same price and take up more space.

that said in our last big build we had around 3k and 8 12" woofers to produce 150+ db in an evo. and it cost much less than that.
Think he's joking Si, it costs 18K :eek: :eek: :lol:

If I had my own PLANE i'd consider it :lol:

jammy84

Advanced Member
that is a joke. why would any1 want that unless 4 a show car and you are a very well off sound system shop owner

it kinda reminds me of those samsung 70" LCD HD TVs a year ago, they were selling for £25,000, anyone remember these?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
well people do actually spend that sort of money on amplification, i know of 2 people who both have 2 6grand amps in their cars, component speakers costing 000's and new car money on installations

that particular amp tho is a bit of a joke as it is huge.

it is a very serious business at the high end, the last big install i did in my wifes evo would have cost 20K+ if it had been done in a shop, the quote was nearly 5k alone for the fiberglass work for sub enclosure due to 100's of hours of labour.