Anyone had their KPro mapped by Mase?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
He's coming back I believe for J's S2000 turbo. I need a remap and have come into some money so I thought I'd look into it.

His reputation is second to none, though it's always nice to hear it direct from another owner ie their experiences with him.

LeeH

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
Yeah that's all well and good but how long have they been mapping ECUs for?
I spoke to Stevie when I ordered my Mani and cat back, and he said the 'guy' who he was going into business with is fluent in the K20's.......

I had the same thought as you TBH.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I'll wait and see who it is, but atm if I was to get a full map done by a UK tuner it would be Paul at TDI or Mark at Abbey.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I looked into it a while ago, can't remember the exact price from Abbey but it was about £500 from memory. I'm sure a full map from TDI is about the same.

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Thanks for that, do you know people who have experience of Abbey.

I have heard good things with GTR's and seen some awesome Abbey tuned beasts on track, but nothing from Honda owners......basically TDI are miles from me so thinking of somewhere nearer.

Hope4sun

I've used Abbey quite a lot over the years and they really know there stuff when it comes to all sorts of tuning, hell last time i was there, there was 'New Mini' in Touring car form, in with full M3 running gear and engine for tuning. Don't know there rep on the Honda front but there were a few knocking around down there awaiting there turn.

Give Mark a ring down there, I'm sure he can advise.

Andy

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
I shouldn't say this... I would not trust someone that fly's in then fly's out again... his no 'real' expert anyway.... just a load of hype... and tbh... just like some many so called 'uk' tuners...

That's all I can say in public....

Mike

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
I shouldn't say this... I would not trust someone that fly's in then fly's out again... his no 'real' expert anyway.... just a load of hype... and tbh... just like some many so called 'uk' tuners...

Mike
OK, so why is it then that so many people, who have had their KPro tuned by the likes of CPL, then get a map from Mase or Abbey and say it's so much better? Not just in terms of HP on a dyno (we all know they are just pub bragging rights and a tuning tool) but in terms of the actual drive on the road and smoothness on the engine. I'm lost..... clarify.....

Instead of saying that it's all you can say on the matter, why don't you simply recommend who you think is good at mapping a KPro. We're not talking about extensive modifications here Mike, all I'm asking about is a re map...

Hell, I know people who data log themselves and adjust maps on the road to get optimum performance, surely there must be at least one tuner in the UK who can map an ECU to your level of expectation???

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Chris

I wont go into specifics....

However.... to fully map a K series with all of the variables takes a great deal of time... not just a couple of hours of work.... along with dyno tuning, road tuning needs to take place... unfortunently, the K Pro isn't a great tool for this application (due to update delay)

Yes, there are a couple of people I would trust... but you would not have heard of them and are back logged with development work... niether are that keen on using K Pro.... so not much help...

Sorry, I cant be more specific

Mike

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
But the thing is, I'm talking about basic mods. IE intake, header and exhaust. No extensive work needs to be carried out, and we all know great figures and improvements can be reached. For this type of modification, KPro is fine and a stand alone ECU is worthless. Many people know this. Just because a company is busy doesn't mean you can't say names. Surely a community as small as our one deserves to know what you claim to know? After all we run a special car, and when it's tuned, however mild, it deserves to be a good tune.

One way or another, I'll get my KPro (I'll be keeping it, I don't see any evidence anywhere to convince me to change) mapped fully, from either TDI, Abbey or Mase....

DopeDragon

Advanced Member
I've heard good things about Mase and want him to map my car, do you know when he's back over here and how much he charges?
Will need to get Mani and KPro.

jimlad2000

DopeDragon said:
I've heard good things about Mase and want him to map my car, do you know when he's back over here and how much he charges?
Will need to get Mani and KPro.
I believe he's back over in november as my mate si is hoping to break the 400bhp with his super charged S2000 :shock:

+ I think Mase knows what hes doing imo of course

as to prices think its about 700 quid all in that includes dyno time etc but it may be less although this was on AEM not K pro

Mase

re

MJ Type-R said:

Mike
Wow, well everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion. However, I will say I don’t think it’s very fair of you to say the things you have about me. First, you don’t know me, you obviously haven’t met me, or seen me calibrate an engine. There are a few people who get jealous of me flying in and ‘stealing’ their business, or some who just like to hate just to do it. But that’s ok, Im an easy going guy in person. Sure, there is a ton of ‘hype’ when ever there is surprising results, there always is hype created. Look at my website, although it’s sadly outdated, there are some very hype’d cars: www.masetuning.com

None the less, there is no denying the fact I’ve tuned some pretty impressive results, regardless if its from a Honda K motor, other Hondas/Supras/Evos/Subarus/Nissans or even the most famous, 1400 whp Ford GT supercar. You could call me an enthusiast, as I’m not sure your definition of an ‘expert’. Some people would call an expert someone who specializes or has a certain skill in a particular area. I don’t go around attaching expert to my name, but without sounding arrogant, you wont find many people who have the experience I do. Doug, one of the founders of hondata may call me an expert, but you certainly don’t have to. Just to add, many things I do aren’t even posted on the internet. Some things are, some aren’t. Everyone is up to their own interpretation when it comes to hearing things. So I only ask before you make any assumptions about me or my work, come down and meet me, I’m always open to useful discussions.

Further to add, I’ve tuned probably atleast 75 or so k series engines alone. Heck, I’ve tuned several completely stock k20a2’s at over 500 whp (at the wheels not brake). With the right tuning tools, you can properly calibrate an engine in a few hours. Want proof? Come down the next time I’m over, Which is December 16-23. I’ll be happy to show you a few things first hand, and it will be then you will see a different outlook.

Lastly, I’m not trying to ruffle any feathers here, just post my opinion on the matter.

Regards,
Mase

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Re: re

Mase said:
MJ Type-R said:

Mike
Wow, well everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion. However, I will say I don’t think it’s very fair of you to say the things you have about me. First, you don’t know me, you obviously haven’t met me, or seen me calibrate an engine. There are a few people who get jealous of me flying in and ‘stealing’ their business, or some who just like to hate just to do it. But that’s ok, Im an easy going guy in person. Sure, there is a ton of ‘hype’ when ever there is surprising results, there always is hype created. Look at my website, although it’s sadly outdated, there are some very hype’d cars: www.masetuning.com

None the less, there is no denying the fact I’ve tuned some pretty impressive results, regardless if its from a Honda K motor, other Hondas/Supras/Evos/Subarus/Nissans or even the most famous, 1400 whp Ford GT supercar. You could call me an enthusiast, as I’m not sure your definition of an ‘expert’. Some people would call an expert someone who specializes or has a certain skill in a particular area. I don’t go around attaching expert to my name, but without sounding arrogant, you wont find many people who have the experience I do. Doug, one of the founders of hondata may call me an expert, but you certainly don’t have to. Just to add, many things I do aren’t even posted on the internet. Some things are, some aren’t. Everyone is up to their own interpretation when it comes to hearing things. So I only ask before you make any assumptions about me or my work, come down and meet me, I’m always open to useful discussions.

Further to add, I’ve tuned probably atleast 75 or so k series engines alone. Heck, I’ve tuned several completely stock k20a2’s at over 500 whp (at the wheels not brake). With the right tuning tools, you can properly calibrate an engine in a few hours. Want proof? Come down the next time I’m over, Which is December 16-23. I’ll be happy to show you a few things first hand, and it will be then you will see a different outlook.

Lastly, I’m not trying to ruffle any feathers here, just post my opinion on the matter.

Regards,
Mase
Seems like my words caused a reaction......

As I said... I know certain information that I wont discuss in public......

Let's just say... the tuner I'm dealing with... knows you only too well....

Mike

kingston

Advanced Member
Re: re

Mase said:
Come down the next time I’m over, Which is December 16-23. I’ll be happy to show you a few things first hand, and it will be then you will see a different outlook.

Regards,
Mase
wheres down here exactly?