Anyone had their KPro mapped by Mase?

Andy_CTR

Re: re

MJ Type-R said:
Mase said:
MJ Type-R said:
I shouldn't say this... I would not trust someone that fly's in then fly's out again... his no 'real' expert anyway.... just a load of hype... and tbh... just like some many so called 'uk' tuners...

That's all I can say in public....

Mike
Wow, well everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion. However, I will say I don’t think it’s very fair of you to say the things you have about me. First, you don’t know me, you obviously haven’t met me, or seen me calibrate an engine. There are a few people who get jealous of me flying in and ‘stealing’ their business, or some who just like to hate just to do it. But that’s ok, Im an easy going guy in person. Sure, there is a ton of ‘hype’ when ever there is surprising results, there always is hype created. Look at my website, although it’s sadly outdated, there are some very hype’d cars: www.masetuning.com

None the less, there is no denying the fact I’ve tuned some pretty impressive results, regardless if its from a Honda K motor, other Hondas/Supras/Evos/Subarus/Nissans or even the most famous, 1400 whp Ford GT supercar. You could call me an enthusiast, as I’m not sure your definition of an ‘expert’. Some people would call an expert someone who specializes or has a certain skill in a particular area. I don’t go around attaching expert to my name, but without sounding arrogant, you wont find many people who have the experience I do. Doug, one of the founders of hondata may call me an expert, but you certainly don’t have to. Just to add, many things I do aren’t even posted on the internet. Some things are, some aren’t. Everyone is up to their own interpretation when it comes to hearing things. So I only ask before you make any assumptions about me or my work, come down and meet me, I’m always open to useful discussions.

Further to add, I’ve tuned probably atleast 75 or so k series engines alone. Heck, I’ve tuned several completely stock k20a2’s at over 500 whp (at the wheels not brake). With the right tuning tools, you can properly calibrate an engine in a few hours. Want proof? Come down the next time I’m over, Which is December 16-23. I’ll be happy to show you a few things first hand, and it will be then you will see a different outlook.

Lastly, I’m not trying to ruffle any feathers here, just post my opinion on the matter.

Regards,
Mase
Seems like my words caused a reaction......

As I said... I know certain information that I wont discuss in public......

Let's just say... the tuner I'm dealing with... knows you only too well....

Mike
Before I say anything, I'd like to make it clear I don't know Mase personally, or professionally. I don't have a mappable ECU, nor even a Teg until next week, and have no plans to get a K-Pro, or use Mase for future mapping on my car, okay! :D

But seriously Mike, of course you were going to get a reaction!!! :lol:

You've said you "don't trust him", that he's "not an expert", and that he's "all hype". Bearing that in mind, I'm surprised his reply was so calm and considered! If it were me you were talking about, I'd have gone absolutely nuts, bearing in mind that this is this guys professional ability you're slating!!!

I don't doubt you have strong feelings on the matter to have said what you did, but if you can't / wont back up your criticism, what you're doing really is tantamount to slander, and I'd hate to see anything like that kick off on here, as it's usually such a friendly place!! :D

PS - Am I the only one surprised by the shyness of your mystery tuning guru? If they're as great as they seem, why are they so reticent about going public? With their abilities and you as an advocate on here, surely they'd have a queue of us waiting to see them!! :D

Evs

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
some power deleting going on..

must be aftermath of the millenium bug :roll:
I did the deleting, not anyone else, and PMed you the reason why. The rules are crystal clear. It was nothing to do with what you said, but the way in which you said it. You'll get your point across that much more effectively if you leave the expletives out :idea:

dan the man

Advanced Member
i know ya did big lad. Just jesting thats all. I might do a poll - point across with expletives OR not..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Andy_CTR: I wouldnt worry about MJ. Does it all the time. :? :roll:

''Cant say this'', '' Cant say that'',''Thats all I can say''and his favourite ''Lets just say'' :lol:

If your really concerned for other members, than an explanation is needed. Otherwise you just sound bitter.
If your really knowledgeable why not make a list of tuners that are upto scratch on tuning the K20. It wont be slander towards companies you miss out but your own preference.
I wouldnt mind travelling and giving my business to your tuner (whoever that is??), if it meant i was gettin the top whack for my money or is Hirotoshi Honda too busy for anyone else? :lol: :lol:

dotty

Advanced Member
On a serious note i was at an undisclosed location talking to an undisclosed member who has had some tuning done by a 'well known' UK tuner who completely ballsed up the tune amongst other things.... Mase tuned the car after that and I hear he worked wonders 8)

He comes highly rated so that is good enough for me :D

spo_gen said:
I wouldnt worry about MJ. Does it all the time. :? :roll:

''Cant say this'', '' Cant say that'',''Thats all I can say''and his favourite ''Lets just say'' :lol:

If your really concerned for other members, than an explanation is needed. Otherwise you just sound bitter.
If your really knowledgeable why not make a list of tuners that are upto scratch on tuning the K20. It wont be slander towards companies you miss out but your own preference.
I wouldnt mind travelling and giving my business to your tuner (whoever that is??), if it meant i was gettin the top whack for my money or is Hirotoshi Honda too busy for anyone else? :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like mentioned Mike, Why can you never discuss things? Surely it is beneficial to all mankind if there is an issue?

dan the man

Advanced Member
Guys just leave it. The forums at stake.

No sorry the internets at stake.

I mean the Uk publics at stake..

Wrong again i meant to say the european consistution is at stake..

eh what im wrong? The whole politcal friendship between USA, Uk and far east is in jepardy?

The worlds fate is in the hands of the tuner..

SO guys please dont ask. Its on a need to know basis and WE DONT NEED TO KNOW.

:xcross:

Jesus let it slip and look what happened to him :!: :!:

:lol: :lol: (all for fun)

Mase

LOL interesting replies. Thanks for everyones kind words and input. I take these kind of things light heartedly. At the end of the day, sure this guy is trying to spoil my name, but already his credibility is lacking from just the few things everyone has said. I try to let my work and my customers do the talking.

Anyways, I've been briefed and it appears the 'tuner' (if you want to call him that) MJ Type-R is talking about is an incompetent but yet pompous guy named perrymoo. None the less, this person does not know me personally, nor has ever dealt with me or seen my work first hand, so its a bunch of jargon/hearsay/BS. However I'd love to meet him in real life and have a chat. It all started on other forums when he got his panties in a bunch because I corrected a few instances he was way off. He didnt appreciate being corrected. No harm no foul, again everyone has their own opinion, but the reason Mr. MJ can't name specifics, is because he has no merit to base any complaint against me, otherwise I'm all ears. If you'd rather speak in private about it, please do so.

Oh and to those who asked, I will be using the dyno at Surrey Rolling Road and briefly ireland as well (havent ironed out all details there yet).

Looking forward to meeting a few of you guys on here. :xcheers:

Regards,
Mase

macer

Advanced Member
Mase said:
Oh and to those who asked, I will be using the dyno at Surrey Rolling Road and briefly ireland as well (havent ironed out all details there yet).

Regards,
Mase
Hi Mase Im one of the Irish guys hoping to get tuned. I think Wayne has asked you about getting my car tuned with Toda A2 Cams. I have a few questions about what I need done before you get here can I PM them to you or Email?

dan the man

Advanced Member
Mase never met ya pal BUT

from your posts your SOUND AS A POUND 8)

:xcheers: :xcheers:

top attitude.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Keeping out of this one.

Agree with dan.

Cool calm posts. 8) 8)

Mase, can u pop round to mine and tune her???? Plz, Pretty PLz.?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Mase said:
LOL interesting replies. Thanks for everyones kind words and input. I take these kind of things light heartedly. At the end of the day, sure this guy is trying to spoil my name, but already his credibility is lacking from just the few things everyone has said. I try to let my work and my customers do the talking.

Anyways, I've been briefed and it appears the 'tuner' (if you want to call him that) MJ Type-R is talking about is an incompetent but yet pompous guy named perrymoo. None the less, this person does not know me personally, nor has ever dealt with me or seen my work first hand, so its a bunch of jargon/hearsay/BS. However I'd love to meet him in real life and have a chat. It all started on other forums when he got his panties in a bunch because I corrected a few instances he was way off. He didnt appreciate being corrected. No harm no foul, again everyone has their own opinion, but the reason Mr. MJ can't name specifics, is because he has no merit to base any complaint against me, otherwise I'm all ears. If you'd rather speak in private about it, please do so.

Regards,
Mase
Hi Mase,

Thanks for coming along. I did know that you've posted on here before, though I have seen a few of your writings go "walkies". Never mind, that's besides the point.

I can't afford a full re-tune at the moment, but I'd love to stop by and have a chat if you have the time.

If you could fire me a PM with details as to when you'll be here then that would be great.

K20

I saw a supercharged S2000 which mase had mapped in the summer this year on a rolling road day and it was amazing . I cant rember what power it made but I spoke to the Guy and he was very pleased with it .

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
If you could fire me a PM with details as to when you'll be here then that would be great.
If you wouldn't mind forward me the details Chris?

I haven't seen Charlie @ Surrey RR for a while & been waiting for an excuse to come down & this sounds like the prime time. :wink:

Mase

hey guys, i'll be at surrey rolling road dec 22nd. (maybe 21st too if there are a couple more cars that sign up).

A few of you guys have asked. I usually have time to chat while they are strapping/unstrapping the cars. so if you have any questions, feel free to come on down....

or if you need some guaranteed results :) let me know.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Bit out of my budget being right before Christmas and all. More then likely the next time you're over though.

Thanks for the reply.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
Bit out of my budget being right before Christmas and all. More then likely the next time you're over though.

Thanks for the reply.
How much is it /hr? Is it much more than minimum wage? :lol:

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Yes, a little more I would think. A bit unsure but I think budgeting around £600 for the whole tune would be near the mark.