Anyone have a Hornet Alarm?

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I have some problems with it at the moment.

Basically if the alarm is activated by button manually on keyfob or by sensor brake etc then it just triggers hazard lights on but no siren. The siren works though because it makes the loud noise each time you arm and disarm.

If anyone knows of any reputable car alarm garages up north too that could be helpful.

Ta! :D

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I guess know one has one :-"

I managed to sort it in the end so will post up for anyone who searches in future with same issue.

You can cycle through alarm settings using the yellow button on the fob. Press the button until you're back to your normal sounds. I must have pressed it accidentally and not realised.

Jobs a good'un :xcheers:

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I have a Hornet alarm but only have two buttons on the fob and they are both black!!

Haven't had any problems with it yet.

SharpyDC5

I have the same problem, but my key fob has a lock button and a unlock button, and to other button. I want it to chirp when I lock it.... any ideas how to do it?

Stylesa

Advanced Member
I have a hornet alarm too, and i hate it! it has a mind of its own, im currently lining up a replacement!

It alarms/disarms when it wants, the alarm goes off when i open the door (even when the alarm is off) and then the button doesnt work to disarm the siren. My RCL has a range of about 4ft too..... i hate!

Think toad ai606 is the way forward!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I have the same problem, but my key fob has a lock button and a unlock button, and to other button. I want it to chirp when I lock it.... any ideas how to do it?
You need to use the yellow button to cycle through the settings. one press, two press etc before you arm/dis-arm to test new setting.

I have no manual so your guess is as god as mine as to what the options are however they seem to turn chirps on/off and siren for alarm on/off oh and volume of chirp is on there too.

Good Luck!

Kitt77

I've got a Maxx1 Hornet alarm, came with the car when i bought it. My conclusion is it arse! It has a mind of its own, though it was fitted 2 years before i bought the car and it hasent been serviced. I have an owners manual for this model. Not sure if it applies to other models in the range but i can (try) to put an attachment on if anyone needs...

let me know