anyone have any technical drawings of throttle assembly?

matt b

Advanced Member
Think my mate has a sticking idle control value on his ep3 and wanted to have a butchers at it tonight, does anyone have a link to any tech drawings please? Or any help in general?

Cheers dudes 8)

Wootty

Advanced Member
try this - these are RSX so ours doesnt have the evap canister.

You have to cut the slots in the two tamper proof screws to pull out the body off the spindle so you can get to rotate the spindle free. These are the two screws above the connector on the left, not the two large fixing screws underneath.

HTH

Attachments

matt b

Advanced Member
Great, brilliant, amazing, fantastic just what I wanted 8)

I thank you :p

Cheers Wootty!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
you need to remove the throttle body to get to the iac valve,
sometimes the original gasket is ok but not often, its the same as a civic so no probs from honda,

beware you cannot buy the valve separatly from Honda.

Contact Tom at TGM for a J's Racing or Spoon replacement which i think are cheaper then oem.

Wootty

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
you need to remove the throttle body to get to the iac valve,
sometimes the original gasket is ok but not often, its the same as a civic so no probs from honda,

beware you cannot buy the valve separatly from Honda.

Contact Tom at TGM for a J's Racing or Spoon replacement which i think are cheaper then oem.
Yep - get a new gasket from Honda - only a few quid £4.75 I think.

And your coolent goes through the throttle too so when you take the pipes off bend them back over and tie wrap them to stop them leaking!!

matt b

Advanced Member
Cheers guys thanks very much this looks like a weekend job now, il let you know how we get on.

thanks again :p