Anyone have D2 Coilovers?

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
If you have them Can you tell me what there like?

I can't do a search for D2 :xrealangry:

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated 8)

Cheers
Guys!

raz786

Advanced Member
Hi mate, have had these for a few years now, and I'm pretty happy with them. Yes the ride is a little harsh, but handling wise its fine and you can dampen them for a softer ride, build quality is good, price is also pretty good. What else did you want to know?

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
Cheers Dude!

The ride can't be any worse than mine is at the mo!

I've got OEM Shocks lowered on Skunk2 springs that are Rock hard!!

I was interested in the D2 products as a whole for fast road setup. Coilovers, control arms and camber adjustments.

just keeping my options open really and doing my homework before I buy!

Thanks again \:D/

raz786

Advanced Member
With the control arms make sure they're the DC5 ones and not the EP3 ones. I got sold EP3 ones, the holes are angled differently on them :evil: Need to get on CTR owners and sell them!

dave c

400hp K20
depends what you want but i personally tried:

Eibach springs shock + fast road setup,
Ohlins Coilvers,
Eibach street coilovers,

For out and out grip ohlins creamed it, but on the roads you couldnt push the car too hard as it chased every pot hole, it was only on smooth roads that they really opened up.

For street applications i would say the eibach springs on std dampers were great, but not low enough for me and also not as good as the coils

So i now have the Eibach street coilovers and the a f'ing awesome, not damper adjustable but tbh they are fine as is. they are fine on bumpy roads and give you faaar too much confidence on b roads etc havent tried them on track but im sure they would perform really well. tbh i would go for eibachs unless you want all the adjustment.

my 2p

Grunty

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
build quality is good
I can't agree with that. I had to take them of my car when they were just over a year old, maybe a year and a half because the fronts were leaking badly.

From what I've read on other forums I don't think I'm the only one that has experienced this either.

LeeH

Advanced Member
The BC N+'s are very well suited for fast road. :idea:

The D2's get a lot of bad press regarding the ride and overall quality.

raz786

Advanced Member
I have heard that the shocks leak, a friend of mine had this on his evo, but in over 2 years mine have been totally fine, so I don't have a problem with the build quality. I'm sure others have run them on the DC5 with no problems other than the ride quality :? If I were to change I would prob get the Buddy Club Coilovers at a later date

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
i'm looking at getting a set of these, whats the lowest they will go as i have a plan which involves a slammed teg 8)

Vtec_wannabe

Advanced Member
chiefpulsar said:
i'm looking at getting a set of these, whats the lowest they will go as i have a plan which involves a slammed teg 8)
120mm :twisted: (from OEM height) I have some for sale if anyones interested? :-"

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
Vtec_wannabe said:
chiefpulsar said:
120mm :twisted: (from OEM height) I have some for sale if anyones interested? :-"
120 hmmmm I like the idea of that, how long have you had them and how much are you looking for?

Vtec_wannabe

Advanced Member
[/quote]

120 hmmmm I like the idea of that, how long have you had them and how much are you looking for?[/quote]

The for sale ad:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24348 :wink:

I know at 120mm the car will be very low...Depends how low you wanna go :xlol:

raz786

Advanced Member
The front doesn't go that low, I would want it lower, but the rear can be low as you like probably :)

celox performance

Advanced Member
Grunty said:
raz786 said:
build quality is good
I can't agree with that. I had to take them of my car when they were just over a year old, maybe a year and a half because the fronts were leaking badly.

From what I've read on other forums I don't think I'm the only one that has experienced this either.
One of my D2's also leaked but D2 do say that they're only suitable for race use only and no warranty is given for road use :wink:

My D2's were tremendous on track, but they were far too hard for road use so I changed them for the BC N+ Spec dampers which are great for road use.

IntegraDan said:
If you have them Can you tell me what there like?

I can't do a search for D2 :xrealangry:

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated 8)

Cheers
Guys!
Hi Dan,

In my road and track experience, Celox is absolutely right, Go for Buddyclub N+ for the road and trackday use.
they are far superior than ANY OTHER fast road suspension.They will give you a nice ride on the road and also a good solid feel on track days, because the technology is FAR SUPERIOR to other makes,
We also sell D2 if you are fixed on them, (they are £150 cheeper per set).

email me if you want more information spdevelopments@lineone.net

regards,
Paul,
01772 299820