Anyone know anythoing about this FD2? I could be tempted.

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
Anyone know anything about this FD2? I'm a bit interested.

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/787628.htm

It's not been undersealed. Is that bad at this mileage? Would it be ok if it was done now + what is approx cost?

Am I better waiting a while longer for more bargains to come along? Or is the £ crashing against the yen going to scupper them?

Grangey

Advanced Member
undersealing is only done when the car is brought to the UK so I wouldnt worry too much about it not being done. you can easily get it done yourself

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
£ / yen not looking that great recently, although depreciation will always apply.

Looks like a nice car why wait!!

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
It's only just started getting to the point where undersealing will be an issue, so if it was done as soon as you bought it then no problem.

Prices are definitely starting to go back up, so now would be a good time to jump.

Don't think it belonged to anyone on the FD2 forum, not had any posts about a blue one being sold lately.

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
Wow. Seems I may be better off waiting a bit longer.

My original plan was to Px teg and part with 10k for an FD2. At this rate I will be parting with 10k and get to keep both.

:shock:

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
While there are cars bought and paid for at 200Yen/£, the prices will be low as the traders want to shift something - anything at this time.

Once they're gone, any fresh stock won't be so favourably priced due to the current exchange rate.

The key will be getting the best of the former, without falling into the latter category. Get it right, and you'll snatch a bargain.

Won't existing Jap imported cars go up in price too due to £ vs Yen?

I used to own a STi Spec C & their values seem to be creeping up despite the doom & gloom of the car market today.

TX.

raz786

Advanced Member
Anything already paid for before the recession will have been bought at a better Yen/£ rate than any fresh stock, therefore the trader/seller will have got the car cheaper than they could get any stock. Hence the price of current UK stock will be lower and also due to the recession and the slow car market people will sell for less money, especially on cash deals.