Anyone know if this ballast will work?

-Woody-

Advanced Member
It looks like a normal aftermarket HID kit which would fit with some minor rewiring. I would recommend changing over to a aftermarket tbh, get a 6k kit which is brighter and a stronger white than the OEM 4k. Plus OEM ballasts are prone to blowing

Andy_JDM

What do you reckon would need rewiring? Yea I would agree with the brightness, didn't think they were that bright especially in pitch black and my headlights aren't cloudy or anything.

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Just the connections that went into the old ballast, rewired into the new. Not literally rewiring, just attaching i guess lol

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
-Woody- said:
It looks like a normal aftermarket HID kit which would fit with some minor rewiring. I would recommend changing over to a aftermarket tbh, get a 6k kit which is brighter and a stronger white than the OEM 4k. Plus OEM ballasts are prone to blowing
Which HID bulb fits this ballast,is it a D2?

-Woody-

Advanced Member
All D series should, bulb fitment is D2R

I bought a aftermarket HID kit for my old DC5 then sold the other working OEM ballast on eBay for £100. Upgrade and made money :xhappy:

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
-Woody- said:
The brightest bulbs are 4300k here's a link showing the output's CLICKY

T.G.