Anyone know KB02 YZH

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
PalfyR said:
I'm sure it's been up for sale for quite a while ?
I've watched it for 3 weeks now, been reduced from 7495 to 7195 now .. Seems decent on the ad but if anyone knows anything about it I'd be grateful for any information :)

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
It looks good, would check out the history in detail tho, check he has the paperwork for the alarm to, stick your head underneath have a good look. Take a torch with you. I have been on the hunt for a dc5 for awhile now. I havnt always been to sure about eBay for the sake of buying a car. There's a few blue ones about on pistonheads and auto trader.

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Alexander0628 said:
It looks good, would check out the history in detail tho, check he has the paperwork for the alarm to, stick your head underneath have a good look. Take a torch with you. I have been on the hunt for a dc5 for awhile now. I havnt always been to sure about eBay for the sake of buying a car. There's a few blue ones about on pistonheads and auto trader.
Thanks for that, I'll be takin someone with me who knows a bit more to look aswell. I can't remember whether this one was on auto trader a couple weeks ago. there is another on there that just seems way too cheap at £5995

Kerv

Advanced Member
Just a minor thing, does't seem to have the C-Pack!
It does come in handy, and after hearing DC5 owners without the C-Pack wishing they had it!
Again minor details.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Tints can easily be done, and the rear wiper/ electric mirrors isn't really something to worry about it. A lot of people prefer the smoother look of not having a rear wiper.

chrex

Advanced Member
Looks pretty decent if the history tallies up. Coilovers and exhaust just put on - then it gets sold? What is the point in that? Still, saves you paying out to do it. Check receipts for them though, and ask if the geometry has been checked since they were put on. Have a good look/feel around the arches too, make sure nothing is blowing up - its becoming something to crop up on them now, mine need doing!

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Well I've now hit a bit of a wall, I didn't realise how long changing my plate would take. They won it at 6800. But now have offered me 6600 for the inconvenience of waiting up to 2 weeks. I need to get back to him today about it, don't think I'm gonna accept it as its a bit of a pee take taking £200 off his offer when it could even be done in a week, I dunno.

Thoughts??

Torque-GT

DVLA Cherished transfers are all being done centrally at Swansea now, the last couple we have had done have taken 4 weeks!

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Torque-GT said:
DVLA Cherished transfers are all being done centrally at Swansea now, the last couple we have had done have taken 4 weeks!
Oh bum!! Well I've sent the stuff today so if he doesnt want the fiesta ill be waiting until I get my documents back before advertising it again ...

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Alexander0628 said:
This ones on piston heads too still. Just waitin on my car to get taken now :)

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Well went to see this car today and something wasn't quite right! needed a bit of tweaking like the bolsters and tracking and defo a good inside clean. was a rattle in the exhaust. and the guy was chattin about the cambelt... but they don't have them do they? he also said it had done 60k miles when the car was showing 121km which is about 75k miles if I've done my sums right.... I just didn't have the urge to buy it, and that's what I want! Also there was no paper work for the last 3 years!

SharpyDC5

Have you got your heart set on a blue one? I've got a championship white one, but Milano red would be my second choice. both the blue and the red look amazing when they got a good shine on them.
keep the faith.... don't buy any DC5 your not sure about. I've had my for the last 5 years, never getting rid of it. the cars been great, any issues I've had are soon fixed when the info you can find on here. is the no other dc5 owners that live near you that can help you when you go to check them out?

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
SharpyDC5 said:
Have you got your heart set on a blue one? I've got a championship white one, but Milano red would be my second choice. both the blue and the red look amazing when they got a good shine on them.
keep the faith.... don't buy any DC5 your not sure about. I've had my for the last 5 years, never getting rid of it. the cars been great, any issues I've had are soon fixed when the info you can find on here. is the no other dc5 owners that live near you that can help you when you go to check them out?
Yeah I definitely want a blue one :) I do have a couple people near me but as was going today I thought was a bit late notice. I've tried calling the seller twice this morning but no answer yet, suppose it is a Sunday morning! Haha. Bit annoying though as I'd need to leave soon to get there on time!

davidpingu

Advanced Member
xhelen06x said:
Well went to see this car today and something wasn't quite right! needed a bit of tweaking like the bolsters and tracking and defo a good inside clean. was a rattle in the exhaust. and the guy was chattin about the cambelt... but they don't have them do they? he also said it had done 60k miles when the car was showing 121km which is about 75k miles if I've done my sums right.... I just didn't have the urge to buy it, and that's what I want! Also there was no paper work for the last 3 years!
Sounds like a good call you made. Things like bolsters will often be an issue but weird people talking about non existent cam belts who think there are 2kms in a mile shouldn't be. We'll avoided ;)

If you buy from a serious owner they'll know their stuff. :)

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
Sounds like a good call you made. Things like bolsters will often be an issue but weird people talking about non existent cam belts who think there are 2kms in a mile shouldn't be. We'll avoided ;)
If you buy from a serious owner they'll know their stuff. :)
Think I made a good move too :)

Saw another one today in Telford that was even worse!! Lol. Maybe the next one will be mine hey! :)