Anyone know much about this

Mark_teg

Staff member
Looks good. I'd ask them to clarify the mileage! When the speedo is converted to mph the odometer counts in miles. Some odometers are also converted to miles on import, so you need clarification on this.

The dealer will swear it's 70k miles for a better deal (for them) and play dum

Lewis93

Advanced Member
You could always test it by getting an app on your phone for running/cycling or something and set it to measure distance in kilometres against the odometer.

Also I really want to know which importer things it's a good idea to cut a hole in the bumper to place the fog light there. :xaiweb6:

When I import my new one in the summer I won't be using them that's for sure.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
It says it has traction control. They haven't researched the car. I would be wary on paperwork/ documents for this. It looks like its in good nick. But as Mark said, double check the mileage. Has it been converted?

Mark_teg

Staff member
LewisK20 said:
You could always test it by getting an app on your phone for running/cycling or something and set it to measure distance in kilometres against the odometer.

Also I really want to know which importer things it's a good idea to cut a hole in the bumper to place the fog light there. :xaiweb6:

When I import my new one in the summer I won't be using them that's for sure.
No need for an app Lewis, if the speedo is in kph (highly unlikely!) it will be counting in kilometers and if the speedo is in mph it will be counting in miles! They are linked..

Just depends when it was converted, so how much is miles and how much is kilometers.
Or if it's been converted and is all miles.

As I say, don't take the dealers word for it.

Erm

Advanced Member
Also I'd be wary of the condition of the drivers seat as all pictures of the interior carefully taken to avoid showing the bolsters that mostly get damaged.

cameroon95

Advanced Member
As said if its KM on speedo its km on milage

Miles on speedo, miles on milage.

My old glanza still had km on the speed- was quite fun at first driving down the motorway, I thought why is everyone passing me- i'm doing 100?! Oh wait.....

bennn

Advanced Member
Looks quite a tidy car, but IMO you never can trust these dealers that crop up on eBay / Pistonheads.

If it was me I'd be as careful, if not more careful than when buying one privately and don't take there word for anything.

Justintian

Advanced Member
They clock mileage in japan before auction too. And anyone can fill a auction sheet especially after won the auction. Many way to make you believe the low mileage. It is very hard to tell I found. The importer can also take the jdm service book away and say it's lost.

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
i seen that advertised for a month or so now.. was abit interested but no one seems to want it so there must be something putting people off...

Char_x

Mark_teg said:
No need for an app Lewis, if the speedo is in kph (highly unlikely!) it will be counting in kilometers and if the speedo is in mph it will be counting in miles! They are linked..

Just depends when it was converted, so how much is miles and how much is kilometers.
Or if it's been converted and is all miles.

As I say, don't take the dealers word for it.
I have something similar with mine...it's been converted to miles but I don't know when say I'm not quite sure what mileage mine has :( how do you find this out??

bennn

Advanced Member
Char_x said:
I have something similar with mine...it's been converted to miles but I don't know when say I'm not quite sure what mileage mine has :( how do you find this out??
You can do a BIMTA check for £26. I think that will tell you what the mileage was when it arrived in the country (and was probably converted) but I'm not really sure to be honest.

Its worth a look anyways.

http://www.bimta.org/

Lewis93

Advanced Member
JT's said:
They clock mileage in japan before auction too. And anyone can fill a auction sheet especially after won the auction. Many way to make you believe the low mileage. It is very hard to tell I found. The importer can also take the jdm service book away and say it's lost.
So what you're saying is most cars in the UK probably have the wrong milage? I think that's a pretty big concern and if it's before auction there is nothing the importer company can even do about it unless they uncover on the documents it's incorrect. I'm thinking of selling up and importing a fresh one but not too convinced now :/

bennn

Advanced Member
In reality what difference does it make?

It's just a number on the dash - the condition of the car should help to prove its mileage and if all the MOT certificates and service history back it up that's as good as you are going to get.

Any car can be clocked - it's not just DC5's it's just easier to hide any mileage discrepancies on an import by blaming it on conversion.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
When I got my car back in 2008 it had 45k kilometers on it. Last year Torque GT said that for free I could get my kilometers changed into miles. He worked out what needed to be taken off and plugged in a machine that corrected the mileage. I got a certificate from them saying that it had been 'corrected' to miles. So now my car has only miles on the dash not a combination of the two. Simple.

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Hey,
It 'appears' to be perhaps the same car which was for sale at a trader in Bradford over the last month or two.
I'm not 100% it is the same teg as they had the reg number covered over in they're pictures - but it was an Arctic Blue DC5 with the fog cut in the rear bumper and missing the passenger side wing mirror cover (which you can just about make out that this one is missing also in the interior shot)

Looks very nice in these pictures though - just looked sorry for itself in they're pictures :(
Worth a view to see for yourself if say :)

Emms x