Anyone know what this is?

Todd_77

Advanced Member
This came in the car when I bought it.

Anyone know what it is or what it does?

It's located left of the steering wheel.

Thanks in advance.

Bally_Jdm

Advanced Member
Thats the £1000 (Yen equivalent) , factory upgrade. Indicates if your filter and oil is in need of replacement.

I Dont have a clue

tico_87

Advanced Member
Thats pretty cool...but £1000?! Never seen them or even knew such thing existed back in the day lol

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Todd_77 said:
This came in the car when I bought it.

Anyone know what it is or what it does?

It's located left of the steering wheel.

Thanks in advance.

If you look closely, the symbol under the first picture is the same as the one under the second picture. Plus another line. I'm guessing this is 'oil'. So the first would be 'oil filter' then 'oil' and I'm guessing the last one is a 'radiator'.

Could be for pressure. When you change your oil and disconnect the oil filter, see if the light turns on when you put your key in and turn it to two. (Don't for Christ sake turn the car on!!) both should light up. Same if you change your antifreeze I guess.

Adam

-Woody-

Advanced Member
deffo looks like oil, oil filter and something associated with radiator maybe. awesome little extra

Todd_77

Advanced Member
You can press each of the 3 and it acts like a button. But doesnlt light up or anything. Be interesting to know what exactly it does.

H105Daz

Advanced Member
Perhaps they are extra sensors for oil, oil filter and air filters. Sensing oil and air flow and warning when restrictions are 'sensed'. :unsure:

Todd_77

Advanced Member
H105Daz said:
Perhaps they are extra sensors for oil, oil filter and air filters. Sensing oil and air flow and warning when restrictions are 'sensed'. :unsure:
Yeah I'm guessing they are something along those lines. Just wondering are they a factory upgrade or is there any any links online to the product.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I was thinking aftermarket sensors for the above mentioned as opposed to a dealership upgrade. Is there a brand or anything on the box? For oil BMW have a yellow light as well as red. The yellow light tells you its getting low. Usually the red one always comes on when it's too late so it's useful in that aspect as a much safer earlier warning.

S1C

Oil filter
オイル
フィルター

Oil
オイル

Air cleaner
エア
クリーナー

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Gems said:
I'm going with cake, tea and then radiator for warms hahahaha
Ha ha ha... that or Top Hat, Watering can and Ladder....

Joking aside, I have marked the correct answer.