Anyone know what this part is?

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Any one know what this part is?

One photo shows the gear shifter where it joins to the shifter cables, the other shows a small rubber/ plastic grommet / washer that used to be between the shifter and the shifter cable,

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

daniel-cmyk

It's basically a bush that goes where you have photo'd the first pic. Obviously your gearshift has play in it? - It's a standard thing that seems to happen to DC5s.

There was a group-buy on some delrin bushes but not sure when the next one is. Message WOCKA on here and he may be able to give you more info about it.

I'm sure I'm talking about the correct part lol but somebody else can correct me if I'm wrong!

Installation of the bush - http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/48763-delrin-bush-install/

Group buy (not sure on next one) - http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/49133-delrin-shifter-kit-x3/?hl=delrin

Hope this helps!

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Hi mate many thanks for the reply!

I thought they were the those bushes just wanted to be sure, bought some hybrid racing bushes but was in a rush and didn't realise they go on the other side. So I have fitted them, will have to try and find some others for the other side too!!

Is it only on here they can be bought or do you know of any branded ones out there. I'm not fussed either way just want to get them asap and if the group buy is closed maybe a while until the next one!

daniel-cmyk

To be honest, I'm not sure if there is other brands but theres many people vouching for these. I've got a pair but still need to fit. The quality is real good!

Torque GT

Parts Trader
So far as I know, there aren't any branded ones, just the ones from the group buy. We've got a few sets here that we've been using and they're great! Highly recommended.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
I did message wocka a little while back about them but no response, I may have his old number though.

Unless anyone has a set to sell me now?😀

C6MWX

Would it be possible to add a few more washers to space it out a little more to reduce the side to side play?

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

daniel-cmyk

DC5Noob said:
I did message wocka a little while back about them but no response, I may have his old number though.

Unless anyone has a set to sell me now?😀
Haha, defo not selling mine! Message in that group buy and someone will update it

daniel-cmyk

C6MWX said:
Would it be possible to add a few more washers to space it out a little more to reduce the side to side play?

This is defiantly something I wouldn‘t wanna give advise for but I wouldn‘t do it personally.

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
This post comes at perfect timing. I was checking over my k tuned shifter the other day and found mine has fallen apart just as badly. :( Couldn't find any branded for sale online... Sounds like there's a demand building so hopefully another group buy can be sorted out! :xgrin:

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Yeah tempting on the self fix washer idea, can't be any worse surely! Lol

Well yeah hopefully if demand is building another group buy will open up, I'll stick a message on it now and if others do the same hopefully we can get something going?

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
Yeah tempting on the self fix washer idea, can't be any worse surely! Lol

Well yeah hopefully if demand is building another group buy will open up, I'll stick a message on it now and if others do the same hopefully we can get something going?
Ive just sent him a PM today, dont want to annoy him before I've even spoke to him. :xlol: so il leave it a while before I post too, he knows im interested.

Sounds like its a fairly common part to wear out so we can't be the only ones, or not for long at least!

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Nice one, I have also sent him a direct message as well so let's see what happens! 👍👍

C6MWX

I'm gonna experiment with the washer and sleeve idea while I have some time on my hands this week, I'll post up if there's any improvement.

C6MWX

I can confirm that 3 penny washers reduces play in the shifter dramatically! I'm going to see if I can find a rubber collar to insert where the oem Bush would have been and this should make it 100% currently is say 80-90% improvement in excess playDSC_2720.jpg

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Haha! Fair play mate! Love the enginuity right there lol

I think I'm still gonna go for a proper new washer , but maybe have a little play with this myself in the mean time!

C6MWX

DC5Noob said:
Haha! Fair play mate! Love the enginuity right there lol

I think I'm still gonna go for a proper new washer , but maybe have a little play with this myself in the mean time!
I will do when a group buy comes up again but for 20 pence it's bang on for now

wocka

Advanced Member
Don‘t worry guys. I will sort another group buy these are worth the wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk