Anyone knows anything about this exhaust system?

hondazzz

Advanced Member
I 've just purchased a nice looking and sounding 5zigen cat-back.. a 5zigen GN+ , for those who have never seen one of those...here it is

Now, take a look inside the b-pipe's muffler .. there is something like a valve or a "wall"...

how restrictive is that.. is it a valve?anyone knows anything about it?

i could take a guess too that its a restriction,but anyone that really knows something about it? like how it actually works and so on

sinbad

Advanced Member
All 5zigen exhausts have that, its to reduce noise so it meets Jasma'.
It will be fine on a NA application but I had to sell mine as it would not boost above 3krpm with my supercharger.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
All 5zigen exhausts have that, its to reduce noise so it meets Jasma'.
It will be fine on a NA application but I had to sell mine as it would not boost above 3krpm with my supercharger.
Yes mate i guess it had to do with sound levels :) What it worries me its how restrictive is.Do you have any dyno figures to share(to see its limits) ? i mean is it really ok for my target setup..toda header,gruppe m,rbc and k-pro and this cat back?...

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
think it will be fine, you could always get the silencer removed by longlife etc if it causes a reall problem

hondazzz

Advanced Member
think it will be fine, you could always get the silencer removed by longlife etc if it causes a reall problem
yes but the thing is that if i dont remove it i wont know the difference and i dont want to destroy it..unless i am sure about it :p

Rob R

Advanced Member
You'll be suprised how much of a difference some exhausts make on NA tuning. My mate had an EP3 with a spoon b pipe and n1 fitted, made 237bhp once mapped. Changed exhaust to another known Japanese brand and had his map altered to suit...and lost 17bhp

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Not really helping me out guys.lol.if i wanted something loud i w6uld buy spoon or bclub.i want something quiet.i bought this and trying to decide if i am replacing the middle resonator or not

gibby85

Advanced Member
Spoon FTW :D, My bung has just arrived in the post incidentally.
Got my bung for the N1 through the post last week. What a difference in noise......and in power! Feels very restricted now, will be coming off once i get a new centre section. You will notice it straight away.

firthy22

Advanced Member
After reading this post I can understand why so many people like the Mugen Twinloop, quiet under normal driving but sings in Vtec. Mugen is not as restrictive as some think, in fact I bet this 5Zigen exhaust is more restrictive, the narrowing is equivalent to a bung IMO.

dotty

Advanced Member
After reading this post I can understand why so many people like the Mugen Twinloop, quiet under normal driving but sings in Vtec. Mugen is not as restrictive as some think, in fact I bet this 5Zigen exhaust is more restrictive, the narrowing is equivalent to a bung IMO.
This.

Mine made great power.. Confirmed by two different dyno's :)

skunk2_dc5

Advanced Member
have to disagree with this as i used to have a mugen twin loop and then switched to this 5zigen before i sold it to hondazzzzz.

the difference the 5zigen made compared to the mugen was very noticable throughout the whole rev range so i wouldnt say that the 5zigen is more restrictive than the mugen! from my experience the mugen seemed more restrictive!

however now ive moved on to buddy club pro spec 3 and its by far the best of the 3 ive tried! major difference throught the whole rev range even though i expected to lose power down low i didnt, thats what surprised me the most...

dotty

Advanced Member
have to disagree with this as i used to have a mugen twin loop and then switched to this 5zigen before i sold it to hondazzzzz.

the difference the 5zigen made compared to the mugen was very noticable throughout the whole rev range so i wouldnt say that the 5zigen is more restrictive than the mugen! from my experience the mugen seemed more restrictive!

however now ive moved on to buddy club pro spec 3 and its by far the best of the 3 ive tried! major difference throught the whole rev range even though i expected to lose power down low i didnt, thats what surprised me the most...
It all depends what you have mated to the twinloop, a decent header, induction and RBC will see excellent results.. as long as the mapper is of any use of course ;)

A quick look in the dyno thread will confirm.

I'll sacrifice a couple of BHP for the longevity of my ear drums too ;)

skunk2_dc5

Advanced Member
i agree with you dotty that it all depends! i only had an AEM cai, throttle bypass and lightweight flywheel when i made the switch over to the 5zigen!

i love the sound of the buddy club :D i'm like pedal to the metal most of the time now! so addictive :)

firthy22

Advanced Member
Made 246 bhp with my Mugen airbox and Twinloop and since added a 5Zigen cold air intake so wouldn't surprise me if it's near 250bhp when up to speed, air intake definitely made a difference. More than enough power for a daily driver :) and I can actually take the wife out in it without her complaining about the noise.

We'll never know if this model of 5Zigen exhaust or the Twinloop provides better power unless someone has them dyno'd and tested on the same care. The 5Zigen does look very narrow and restrictive from the pic posted and was just staing my opinion, not that it was a fact.

BLaCkDC5R

Advanced Member

Have to disagree with you mate, as the difference as you said you have seen just from swapping exhaust ( without remap) is too hard to see... I can assure you that the sound of the exhaust makes you to think there's a major difference ( when it's louder) which is not...
I used to think this way too until I got my car KPRO'd ;)

BLaCkDC5R

Advanced Member
i do have an ECU

I know mate, but its a MUGEN which is already mapped for mugen exhaust, airbox and header. I used to have mugen ECU for one month with all the breathing mods...It almost made no difference to my car except lowering down the vtec point to 5250 RPM ....I thought with the Kpro the power figure is gonna be a bit better and I will have better mpg, but after Paul finished mapping my car I understood that MUGEN was nowhere even  close to what I got with a right program.

skunk2_dc5

Advanced Member
its mapped for the mugen N1 racing muffler which is straight-through 70mm piping, it keeps the standard 4-2 but includes the mugen 2-1 de-cat racing pipe that connects to the rest of the racing muffler. its also used in conjuction with 11.7 compression not the standard but i dont want to fiddle with opening the head of the engine

i dont know what you're talking about but im more than happy with the mugen and the difference its made was quite good, not claiming that its as good as a kpro (ive never had the experience so i cant claim anything) but im very pleased with the difference it makes and thats enough for me! :)