Anyone remove their badges?

gregb

Advanced Member
Would like to remove the Integra and Typer badges of the boot for some good cleaning as both badges and paint surrounding are gunked from wax/dirt build up.
Previously i used a toothpick on the badges and cottonbuds on the paint but wouldn`t it give better results if they could be removed?
Other Hondas i`ve had usually just have 1/2 push in notches into holes on the body with really good doulble-sided tape.

Suped

Advanced Member
yeah, removed both the integra and the Type R badge. Used abit of delicate nudge and then swan's lighter fliud to remove the remainder sticky stuff.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Just get some detailing stick things and clean around them.

Or even some of those starbucks stirring sticks with a soft cloth around the end. Use some car polish and it comes up like new 8)

detailer

gregb said:
Would like to remove the Integra and Typer badges of the boot for some good cleaning as both badges and paint surrounding are gunked from wax/dirt build up.
Previously i used a toothpick on the badges and cottonbuds on the paint but wouldn`t it give better results if they could be removed?
Other Hondas i`ve had usually just have 1/2 push in notches into holes on the body with really good doulble-sided tape.

Another suggestion is to y a very soft toothbrush the ones that are used for small children or baby toothbrushes these are very soft , what you do is boil some water in a kettle then this will further soften the bristles.

Wash area then apply some car polish depending on the severity of the gunk around the badges use the correct abrasive polish to clean them up. Once this is done use some warm water and clean up any residue left behind with the toothbrush comes up really gleaming :)

To keep them gunk free forthe future you can always by some masking tape and when you do get to wax or polish your car after shampooing and drying your car mask the badges out then it stays clean