Anyone Tried Autoglym Radiant Wax Polish??

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Hi was just wondering if anyone had tried out this product and if so is it any good??? Somebody recommended it to me the other day but i had to look it up as had never heard of it before, even though i use quite alot of autoglym products. From what ive read about it so far it sounds amazing only problem is i think you can only purchase it in a 5 litre tin as its sold to trade?!

dave c

400hp K20
never heard of it, not that i'm a detailing buff so that doesnt mean much..I have heard and used the autoglym hd wax, thats awesome! really impressed 8)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Auto who?
Lol!

Hi was just wondering if anyone had tried out this product and if so is it any good??? Somebody recommended it to me the other day but i had to look it up as had never heard of it before, even though i use quite alot of autoglym products. From what ive read about it so far it sounds amazing only problem is i think you can only purchase it in a 5 litre tin as its sold to trade?!
Here you go mate, have a read here:
http://www.detailing...ad.php?t=216283

AUTOGLYM UNVEILS NEW RADIANT WAX POLISH: DEEPER SHINE, LONGER LASTING, REDUCED DUSTING

Valeters at car retailers and independent workshops can prepare customer cars with even more sparkle, thanks to the launch of a comprehensively improved formulation of Autoglym’s best-selling trade polish, Radiant Wax Polish.

New Radiant Wax Polish, available from May, features a gentle cutting action to restore the original colour and lustre of the paintwork, while also providing much more durable protection. The new formulation also produces significantly reduced dusting.

In common with the formulation it is replacing – a long-time favourite with the motor trade – new Radiant Wax Polish remains easy to use and is suitable for use on all paint types by hand or machine.

Paul Caller, CEO of Autoglym, commented: “I’m very proud of our technical team for delivering this much improved formulation. We embarked on the development of a new Radiant Wax Polish following feedback from our trade customers and in light of the latest paint and polish technologies and vehicle care processes.

“The revised product delivers a major advance in performance and we’re confident that customers will see a clear improvement. During an exhaustive product test and trial phase, valeters reported a noticeably deeper shine, significantly improved water beading, and much greater durability, out-performing competitor products. The best polish in the trade just got much better.”
The launch of new Radiant Wax Polish signals the introduction of distinctive new packaging for Autoglym’s range of tinned vehicle care products for the motor trade. Retaining the at-a-glance product and usage icons on the labels, the new premium-look ‘polished steel’ tins reflect the market-leading positioning of the Autoglym range and the quality of the product inside. The new design – being introduced with new Radiant Wax Polish and then rolled out across the rest of the trade range – also proudly displays the two Royal Warrants of Appointment held by Autoglym and the ‘Made in Britain’ emblem.
I think its 'trade' SRP with a few tweeks (such as no more dust residue). About £30 for five litres. Which does make it good value for trade really!

Bear in mind it has a light cut to it, so contains some abrasives. I personally wouldn't use it ALL the time on the SAME car for that reason, especially as it's meant to be a trade product. Cutting removes wax to clean the paint below, as a consumer you should be 'topping up' wax rather than constantly removing and reapplying.

If I was a trader/detailer I would use it as a great value for money way to quickly clean and wax vehicles ONCE. I would then recommend the consumer to wax it regularly.

It is sold in 5 Litres because it is for detailing lots of vehicles.

Basically it's for trade, it's a type of cleaner wax polish for use on multiple cars which is why you get so much of it (lots of cars to clean and detail!)
As a consumer, you only want to clean your paint once a year (which is why SRP comes in a small consumer bottle) you then want to be topping it up with a separate quality wax like the Autoglym HD wax Dave Mentioned.

I am sooooo in the wrong line of work.... lol