Anyone tried these? (bulb related)

Erm

Advanced Member
Right so I got some side lights that match my 6000k HID dipped beams nicely, but the yellow full beams annoy me.....

So have found these.... http://www.phoenixautobulbs.co.uk/pr/led-448-h1-headlight-bulbs/

Has anyone tried these as a full beam bulb?

I'd imagine they'd be the nuts assuming they'd work as full beam bulbs but thought I'd ask if anyone's tried them before putting some cash out and ordering them just to try and throwing £30 down the drain lol

Edit: Or has anyone found a halogen bulb in H1 fitment that doesn't look so yellow vs HIDs

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
You can get 'nightbreakers' which are halogen and are white, I have the H7 version in my Celica

Erm

Advanced Member
Bit the bullet and bought a pair for £25 to give them a go and see what they are like. Will update when I get them.

Erm

Advanced Member
Got the bulbs so will put them in tonight and do a test standard H1s vs LED H1s

Erm

Advanced Member
Ok so they are too wide to fit in the gap for the bulbs despite being h1 fitment which is a tad annoying... will see what I can come up with

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Erm said:
Ok so they are too wide to fit in the gap for the bulbs despite being h1 fitment which is a tad annoying... will see what I can come up with
Hmmm thats odd. I will look forward to seeing the results if and when you manage it. :)

Erm

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Hmmm thats odd. I will look forward to seeing the results if and when you manage it. :)
its the actual hole that the bulb goes through into the headlight thats too small as the LEDs are significantly wider than than a standard halogen bulb. The only way I can see these working is finding a way to get the bulbs in place. But that'll need headlights out and front bumper off again....car going in for the front end to be resprayed next week so will have a look what I can do then. Gonna try some osram halogens that claim to match 6000k HID colour temp tomorrow. Ideally I want these LEDs though as they are almost as bright as the sun :lol:

d2007ave

Advanced Member
I don't think there would be a way of getting the LEDs into the full beam, best option likely an aftermarket hid kit for full beam or descent +90% halogen bulbs

Erm

Advanced Member
d2007ave said:
I don't think there would be a way of getting the LEDs into the full beam, best option likely an aftermarket hid kit for full beam or descent +90% halogen bulbs
Colour match still way way off on the apparent whitest of the halogens (look yellower than a simpson), so the LEDs will be going in :xlol: just got to modify the headlights slightly to allow the wider part of the bulb to pass through into the headlight. It all clips in so a slightly bigger opening won't have an other issues.

Here are a few pics...

This is meant to be "xenon effect"

Annoying colour from halogens next to the 6000k HID and LED sidelight

And here is the H1 LED bulb on to see how the colour will match perfectly with those above.

Decided it goes in next week when I've got some time to get the bumper off and modify the headlights

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Good luck with the project mate, if they are SMD LED's they are amazingly bright..... :idea: xthumbsup

T.G.

Erm

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
Good luck with the project mate, if they are SMD LED's they are amazingly bright..... :idea: xthumbsup

T.G.
yeah they are mate, only for off road use of course :xgrin:

d2007ave

Advanced Member
Erm said:
Colour match still way way off on the apparent whitest of the halogens (look yellower than a simpson), so the LEDs will be going in :xlol: just got to modify the headlights slightly to allow the wider part of the bulb to pass through into the headlight. It all clips in so a slightly bigger opening won't have an other issues.

Here are a few pics...

This is meant to be "xenon effect"

Annoying colour from halogens next to the 6000k HID and LED sidelight

And here is the H1 LED bulb on to see how the colour will match perfectly with those above.

Decided it goes in next week when I've got some time to get the bumper off and modify the headlights
Good luck will check back see how you got on, I put some plus +90 halogens in mine too and wasn't impressed, what power consumption are the LEDs?

Erm

Advanced Member
Just a note this is on hold for a few weeks whilst my car is in for some work, will update when I get the car back

Sylar122

Advanced Member
any update on this? I've been looking into getting my headlights to have that bi xenon effect myself, also does anyone know the best to go for, for white sidelights? be nice to have a full matching contrast lol

Erm

Advanced Member
No mate I gave up in the end! Just ordered some blue covered bulbs that light up less yellow, still not perfect but couldn't be arsed to cut the headlight to get the bulbs in.

Still got the bulbs if anyone wants them and fancies making them fit.

I got LED sidelights which are awesome, 6000k HIDs and these LED main beams would be perfect.