anyone tried this... Mugen Shocks

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
hi there... found a set of these mugen sports suspension set in a local dealer.. anyone here tried em before.. just need a quickie review on these... its made by Showa(the absorbers) but with mugen markings on it...??? retailing for approx 550 quids....

Attachments

R123

Advanced Member
oh man.. is that yellow DC5 is ur car?? at KL?? welll dude... i am proud of u man.. having one of a few YELLOW dc5 on earth.

great work.... !!!!!!!!

andyd

Advanced Member
Personally i would advise against these for road use.... :shock: :shock:

There simply too hard.

Andy

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
I beg to differ about them being too hard for road use.

I've made good use of them on Scottish A and B roads and they just lapped up the twisties and uneven road surfaces. 8) They had less 'bounce' than stock over the bumps/undulations in the road. TBH, they are only slightly harder than stock, and about 10-15mm lower. (Tested on a back to back drive of two DC5's onthe same stretch of road.)

They are hard over potholes and cobbled streets, but that's only to be expected. You'd be hard pushed to find something that performs well over cobbles, and handles when on the open road!!! Teins with EDFC would be the only possibility to perform well over both, and even then you would need to dial in the damping for each surface change!! :lol: