Anyone tried this phone holder...

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Just my personal opinion here and on the assumption you are mounting the phone so you can could look at it for reference e.g. Maps, then I wouldn't want to mount it where I have to move my head and field of view away from whats out of my Window screen.

If that isn't the case ignore that ^ , While I can't answer the question "does it fit?". Cup holders are a relatively standard size, so I would expect it to fit. :xyes:

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Yeah the other option was window mounting or something, but I hate those marks on the window and having to clean it all the time.

I think I just mainly want it for somewhere easy to access if needed, or somewhere to sit when it's charging. Probably going to buy the Pioneer DA120 so i'll access it (maps, music etc) via the radio.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

I went for the type that fastens into the CD slot on the radio. It seems to work well. I would find the cup holder one to low down.

Regards.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Yeah the other option was window mounting or something, but I hate those marks on the window and having to clean it all the time.

I think I just mainly want it for somewhere easy to access if needed, or somewhere to sit when it's charging. Probably going to buy the Pioneer DA120 so i'll access it (maps, music etc) via the radio.
This. I also plan exactly the same.

Here is hoping my SGS6e is better at Mirrorlink than it is a phone in general.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
kyle'87 said:
This. I also plan exactly the same.

Here is hoping my SGS6e is better at Mirrorlink than it is a phone in general.
Mine lasted a month, then bought another Sony. A year older but light years ahead in performance.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Mine lasted a month, then bought another Sony. A year older but light years ahead in performance.
I am really regretting not getting the Z3, now that the price has dropped due to the Z3+ I may well invest and sack off the SGS6e.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I had a z3, upgraded to s6, then went for z3+.

In honesty, the z3+ is a step backwards, as the + gets constantly performance throttled due to heat issues. I'd buy a z3 again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
I only ever use Brodit cradles. They are the best around in my opinion.

I'm currently running a single din, so have my phone sideways in the lower din slot. Not the best picture...

Long term, I'm planning on a double din, Pioneer unit. That runs Android Auto.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Erm

Advanced Member
I want to get something for my OnePlus2 but can't figure out what to go for. Any recommendations?

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
I've not purchased the Belkin one I originally posted yet, funds are being used elsewhere at the moment. I might order it next week depending on how the old bank account is looking.

My only concern with the Belkin one is that it won't fit properly as the cupholders are right under the centre console and go up at an angle. I'll let you know how I get on when I get it.

Off topic, how is the OnePlus2? I was tempted, IF a flying pig dropped me an invite, but in the end I went for iPhone 6S Plus. No NFC was a bit of a deal-breaker for me.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
I purchased the original holder I mentioned and it's spot on. Pics below.

It's pretty secure, driving around normally there are no issues with phones coming loose. Not tried any enthusiastic driving yet but I can't see why it would have any issues.

***Forgot to state that the 6 Plus only fits in the gap in landscape. Portrait it will not fit. Doesn't bother me but thought I'd make others aware. Might be fine with a normal sized phone.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Tegiwa stock them but they aren't cheap. Around £60 delivered new. Might be worth posting in the wanted section if you don't want to pay that much. I did look on eBay for a while but nothing came up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrscho

Advanced Member
Does the phone not swivel around? Spin around or move?

Might look into one too, don't like marks on my windows from the normal phone holders lol.

See the dc5 cup holders, you can actually put it there on landscape too! As I have 6 plus and that's what I normally do, it can sit on the Middle and doesn't really fall off in normal driving :p just this cup mount would be more secure!

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
It does swivel but the 6Plus is too big for the gap in portrait, so unfortunately doesn't fit. Doesn't bother me as I prefer it in landscape anyway. And the Plus home screen actually does landscape mode. I find it better for google maps in landscape as well.

Actually, I've only tried it on the left cup holder, maybe there is more room in the right one? I'll give it a try later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erm

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
I've not purchased the Belkin one I originally posted yet, funds are being used elsewhere at the moment. I might order it next week depending on how the old bank account is looking.

My only concern with the Belkin one is that it won't fit properly as the cupholders are right under the centre console and go up at an angle. I'll let you know how I get on when I get it.

Off topic, how is the OnePlus2? I was tempted, IF a flying pig dropped me an invite, but in the end I went for iPhone 6S Plus. No NFC was a bit of a deal-breaker for me.
The oneplus 2 is a very good phone for the money. I love it personally, a step up in slickness from the oneplus one.

Thanks for the review on the phone holder. I may get one.