Anyone used lowering springs on a Mugen suspension (fixed)?

tokgeen

i've read on the forum about lowering springs. It seems that the popular choices are Spoon and Eibach, with a few using Tein. But the users seem to have these springs installed on stock dampers... has anyone had experience with the (fixed) mugen suspension, yet they find the car not low enough (the Mugen only lowers the car by like 15mm or sth)... if yes how did it go?

My other question is, I am in fact taking out my tanabe sustec pro 7 coilover and changing to mugen (fixed) suspension... because basically i think coilovers on this car is too troublesome. It is so hard to tune it in a way so that its good for fast road use. (it will be different on track)... so my question is, with lowering springs, would it affect handling quality since the car is lowered? Or its fine as long as alignment is done?

Thanks!

Suped

Advanced Member
Some of the techies on here will explain better, but its one of the first mods to be done and never looksed back. Eibachs suits me needs living a bumpy area, and gives so much more feel than stock. Don't forget that cornering is alot better than stock. :lol:

tokgeen

thanks Suped. When you guys say eibach lowering springs, is it the Eibach Pro Kit that you are referring to?

Suped

Advanced Member
yup, eibach progressives springs set. :lol: If your close by to TGM, tom can do the honours in setting up the coilovers correctly. :lol:

Project

Advanced Member
i see you had tanabe coilovers, why dont you try the tanabe springs, i have those on mine, my area is all flat hardy ever go to bumpy areas and the feel is great, nice and stiff, but when i do go over the very odd bump i really feel it.