Anyone used Mugen Showa's on track?

Blake

Just wondering if anyone has - planning some track time not long after I take ownership of my car, I will be running federal RSR's and have a fresh alighment.

Something's telling me the Mugen Showa shocks and springs are going to feel a bit soggy and soft? I've driven the car on the road and it felt great but on track it's a different ball game I guess.

Be interested to hear experiences

Chewy

Advanced Member
Never tracked it myself, but they're known to be quite stiff/firm so should perform well.

A few people are running Mugen shocks and Spoon springs and rate this set up highly.

ferret

Better off just trying them out and seeing if they suit your needs or not. I will be trying them on the 12th of September on track and can let you know. As said they are quite a firm ride on the road so they should be alright

MrRy

Advanced Member
Mugen Golds stood up amazingly for me in track in a dc2 turbo, so wouldn't expect anything less for the Dc5. Nothing comes close to Showa shocks performance and quality wise unless you can afford Ohlins etc. If I could have found some for a decent price, I would have bought them over the Yellowspeeds. (or Meister R / BC which are all the same).