Anyone used SVA imports ?

msafdar

Members
nails said:
I rung these guys when I was looking for mine. They are friendly enough and gave me loads of pics and information. However, the car put me off as on the auction sheet it showed that a few of the panels had been replaced. It is a grade 3.5.
13k for a DC5 and panels been replaced is way overpriced.

I know everyone wants a low mileage DC5 but these cars can do huge mileage without breaking.
My DC2 did over 200k and i still managed to sell.
I will always buy a DC5 on condition and service intervals and not be put off the mileage

BataLeon

Advanced Member
Just keep an eye on Torque-GT showroom, they tend to get the right DC5's in, you just have to be quick and have your deposit ready.

I agree with one of the previous comments as well, if they don't answer the phone or seen less interested then it's a bad start and I wouldn't be interested in buying from them. If they are hard enough to get hold of to buy it could you imagine what they would be like if you tried to get hold of them if something went wrong with it! Yikes.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Jdm4life said:
Ask for the auction sheets for cars and you'll be met with utter circumvention in the form of ignorance. Says it all.

Even asking what the mileages are on cars and you'll likely get a snotty attitude. (They never used to list the mileage in ads, not sure if they do now)

Too many places in UK have so called 'good reputations' but depending how deep you dig will depend on how much dodgyness you uncover, which is a shame.

Id stay clear of areas like south/west Yorkshire and 'High wycombe' in particular if you know whats good for you (certain bunch of jokers aka vaginas selling from that area that go under multiple names on ebay/pistonheads, through forums and multiple ebay user accounts. They now list their location as 'Berkshire'.
Haha I'll be selling soon from South Yorkshire so I hope people don't take your "advice" 😂. I sure am not dodgy!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Jdm4life said:
Of course, there are exceptions but its ever increasingly difficult to find cars or rather people with integrity and respectable moral values as western (so called) civilisation slowly unravels.

Glwts :)
Yeah definitely agree there! Haha. Cheers fella!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Bradford and Birmingham!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah one of my good friends travelled to see a Yellow mint S2K in Bradford, to be shocked as the shed he ended up seeing which wasn't even all yellow, clearly crash damaged and mmm well whether it was road legal was debatable, yet in the sellers eyes it was in very good condition and a great base for someone to finish it......

I had the same with a guy on the DC2 forum, he and I went to view a DC5 in the past and it was shocking, apparently mint, and his test drive to show us the car was enough to make me walk away, driving it like he did with no safety or consideration for others, these people give others and areas a bad name

RC_intdc5

Got my dc5 from sva they were really helpful let me look underneath it on a ramp while viewing it everything was converted and de limited, done a good job of undersealing it. Only thing is they could have put a bit of fuel in it I traveled to the fuel station on fumes :-/. The aftercare is good aswell got 12 months warranty with them

RC_intdc5

Got my dc5 from sva they were really helpful let me look underneath it on a ramp while viewing it everything was converted and de limited, done a good job of undersealing it. Only thing is they could have put a bit of fuel in it I traveled to the fuel station on fumes :-/. The aftercare is good aswell got 12 months warranty with them

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Mines also from them.
they were really friendly, helpful and stuff, and even helped me with all the paperwork.

Car was excellent condition, beside i later found out what the car had a respray (bodywork) near the fuelcap. Stunning work tho, you cant see it.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Tuneboy said:
Mines also from them.
they were really friendly, helpful and stuff, and even helped me with all the paperwork.

Car was excellent condition, beside i later found out what the car had a respray (bodywork) near the fuelcap. Stunning work tho, you cant see it.
It's my step cousin who does all their paintwork, I wanted him to do my car but opted to use TGM to prevent family issues if anything was ever wrong with it.

He is great so the repair and paint will be spot on but my experience with them in my skyline and evo days was not good so I'd avoid them at all costs.

MorttisMachine

SVA is 20 minutes from were I live and I have chosen to buy my DC5 from Torque GT which is 4 hours away. This is based on reputation, research and talking with both company's previously.

impne

Advanced Member
RC_intdc5 said:
I got mine from torque with no fuel and light on and with fuel leak from filter in the fuel tank, wherever you buy from the odd ones get through. Think mine was £11500 which I got last august, I expected a lot more for paying this premium.

spooke

Advanced Member
impne said:
I got mine from torque with no fuel and light on and with fuel leak from filter in the fuel tank, wherever you buy from the odd ones get through. Think mine was £11500 which I got last august, I expected a lot more for paying this premium.
I take it you complained, did they fit a new fuel filter or something? Mine had enough fuel to get me to a Shell garage down the road when I got mine which is what I expected really.

Midnight

Advanced Member
spooke said:
I take it you complained, did they fit a new fuel filter or something? Mine had enough fuel to get me to a Shell garage down the road when I got mine which is what I expected really.
Ours had a few niggles but main one was sorted under warranty. To be expected from an aging car. What I will say is that there was a slight problem at first between brother - Area Motorsport - Torque GT but was resolved and had part replaced. Very swift!

Would only recommend Torque GT in truth. Seen and heard some complete horror stories about some 'importers' mentioned on this thread.

nails

Advanced Member
While I didn't buy from torque gt in the end, their customer service was very good. SVA's was non existent.

What I would say though, is that with a fresh import you are buying blind regardless, you have no real idea how the car was treated in Japan, you can't see it in the flesh before you commit in most cases, and these cars are getting on a bit now so they are bound to be issues to deal with.

The grading system is also a bit of a joke as it depends on the auction house and the person grading the vehicle. One person's grade 4 might be another person's grade 3.

Midnight

Advanced Member
I hear and see remarks about grading system.

What I will say is that the auction ours went through were EXTREMELY thourough and the very smallest of defects were noted. May have just been lucky that someone knew what they were doing.