anyone used this shift light

Aly

Advanced Member
My m8 had a van that had a clock instead of a rev counter, he would probably find this useful.

dc5ian

Advanced Member
yeah i saw how your one looks on youtube, pretty impressive but £50 more.

i wouldnt buy the cheap one unless some said it actually works and is accurate.

armjoker

Advanced Member
I am using DRE. It works well and very accurate. Small as well. I think it worth the money;)
Its good to know what u get. The one on ebay i dont know. Its better to get something that is tested by other ppl. IMO.

P.s. If u whant Dre, let me know i may sell mine. 1.5 mounts old.

Dave

oregato

Advanced Member
armjoker said:
I am using DRE. It works well and very accurate. Small as well. I think it worth the money;)
Its good to know what u get. The one on ebay i dont know. Its better to get something that is tested by other ppl. IMO.

Dave
Hey Armjoker,

I've done a search but can't really find what I'm looking for, just wondering how difficult these are to install? Do you need to cut wires or is it simpler than that?

armjoker

Advanced Member
oregato said:
armjoker said:

Dave
Hey Armjoker,

I've done a search but can't really find what I'm looking for, just wondering how difficult these are to install? Do you need to cut wires or is it simpler than that?
Its Very simple to install. U have to connect 3 wires. One on ecu (RPM) One Power and Ground. dont need to cut anything. If you have basic knowledge of electronics you can do it. I can post a step by step if needed.

oregato

Advanced Member
armjoker said:
oregato said:
armjoker said:

Dave
Hey Armjoker,

Its Very simple to install. U have to connect 3 wires. One on ecu (RPM) One Power and Ground. dont need to cut anything. If you have basic knowledge of electronics you can do it. I can post a step by step if needed.

Thanks for the quick reply Armjoker,

I don't think I mind the power or ground, but when you say one to the ECU (RPM) how exactly would I do this?

armjoker

Advanced Member
Ther is a blue wire on ecu witch is for rpm. Ill get u a pick when I get home.

As the ecu is in place, there are 3 plugs going on it right, 3 set of cables. The one on the right has blue wire inside, that one is for rpm. Just clean the cover on it a bit to open the wire and connect wire from shift light. Power I got from the sigart lighter thing and the ground under the wheel ther is a metal frame, from there. I add some extra wire cos the original is short.

oregato

Advanced Member
armjoker said:
Ther is a blue wire on ecu witch is for rpm. Ill get u a pick when I get home.

As the ecu is in place, there are 3 plugs going on it right, 3 set of cables. The one on the right has blue wire inside, that one is for rpm. Just clean the cover on it a bit to open the wire and connect wire from shift light. Power I got from the sigart lighter thing and the ground under the wheel ther is a metal frame, from there. I add some extra wire cos the original is short.
Cheers man, that is perfect, pic would be great as well. Will probably get one tonight when I get home, I presume the one in the op works in the same way?

armjoker

Advanced Member
oregato said:
Cheers man, that is perfect, pic would be great as well. Will probably get one tonight when I get home, I presume the one in the op works in the same way?
I dont know how the one on ebay work m8.

Drop me your mail, ill send u pdf of how to install on honda ep3/dc5

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
you need to be looking at the road ahead not your rev counter, the great thing with a shift light is you can still see it illuminate without actually looking at it,
the DRE in particular works well as it can be set to pre warn you when your shift point is approaching, i had one and it worked very well, if you are drag racing it will help for sure as you can get an almost perfect shift every time. for circuit racing, when you have done a couple of hundred laps you kind of get to know how the engine sounds at the shift point so didnt really use it

i would definatly fit one in my next car.