Anyone using in car DAB radios?

brucey87

Advanced Member
Thinking about getting one of these and running it through my AUX port on my stereo as my radio is useless. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAB-12v-Car-Digital-Radio-Adaptor-iPod-Connection-/170670709271?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item27bcc45a17

Anyone else running one?

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
I had something very similar(Pure Highway) and it worked quite well...it connected to the in car headunit via a spare frequency on FM...just looked so bloody untidy as you have the dab unit attached to the windscreen,then a stick on aerial then a power wire to the cig lighter socket...just wish there were more combined dab/fm units on the market :angry:

mikegsi

Staff member
i used to have a sony dab unit, came with a seperate aeriel. Wasnt upto much to be fair though, DAB seems much more temperamental to movement that standard fm/am radio.

I wouldnt buy it again as it just kept on dropping signal.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
My Pure Highway thing is pretty good, but it does need to be powered by the cig lighter. I had a Panasonic DAB head unit in my last RX-7 too, that was pretty good - you do lose coverage sometimes, but usually in big dips or the middle of nowhere, it's not a problem in 98% of places I go.