Anyone using yellow speed brake kit

Dannymean

Advanced Member
Was looking into buying the yellow speed brake kit, but don't know which ones to go for, 4 pot or 6 pot 304mm disc or 330mm , are they basically a bolt on kit or does there have to be any modification etc be great if someone who is running them to help me out :)

Dan

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Yip, i've got them on my car. Deffo check out my build thread as I was quite detailed on them.

I went with a 330mm 6 Pot kit with the upgraded bigger callipers, 2 piece slotted discs and YellowSpeed Race/Track Spec pads.

Very nice quality, no issues with fitting. My only gripe is the brake pads but I suppose that is predictable. The Race/Track pads are terrible on track, 2 laps of Knockhill and they are grumbling and vibrating as they just dump deposits everywhere. On the road though they are epic, very good fast road pad in my opinion.

I did a lot of research when I bought the kit and there is aftermarket pads available but I couldn't tell you what they are off the top of my head.

Sam.

They share fitment with some ap racing callipers I think I found out, be worth measuring up the pads you have then checking on AP's site as they document all the measurements of pads for their callipers, that will open up your choices then.

Dannymean

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Wingnutzz is your man, Check out his build thread.
Cheers mate!
Wingnuttzz said:
Yip, i've got them on my car. Deffo check out my build thread as I was quite detailed on them.

I went with a 330mm 6 Pot kit with the upgraded bigger callipers, 2 piece slotted discs and YellowSpeed Race/Track Spec pads.

Very nice quality, no issues with fitting. My only gripe is the brake pads but I suppose that is predictable. The Race/Track pads are terrible on track, 2 laps of Knockhill and they are grumbling and vibrating as they just dump deposits everywhere. On the road though they are epic, very good fast road pad in my opinion.

I did a lot of research when I bought the kit and there is aftermarket pads available but I couldn't tell you what they are off the top of my head.
Awesome will check it out now, thanks for the info mate!