Anyone viewing SR51 KNG (west yorkshire) or EJ52 UVU (essex)

pete_griff

i have personally been to see both of these cars (as of the 4th & 5th of Jun '09).

sr51 kng was alright, but was generally a bit ratty. it had also had some (bad) paintwork and filler on the nearside rear quarter. the carbon bonnet was a poor fit (are they all like that?!) and the laquer had reacted where someone had put some nasty polish/crap on it, also the drivers bolster was dead.

ej52 uvu looked much better from a distance, but up close was a different story. both rear arches had been (badly) rolled; why on earth someone would want to do this i have no idea - integras have fairly wide wheels as standard anyway!?!
also both rear quarters/arches had been subject to paintwork/filler - particularly the nearside rear which had enough (badly applied) filler to make pots with! it also had been subject to lots of paint on the front end as well - basically the whole front, and that was chipping away in lots of places due to the thickness of the paint.

if i had to choose one of the two i would have gone for sr51 kng, but neither took my fancy, so i walked away from both (great seeing as i was travelling from hereford both times!!!).
i would say that sr51 kng was worth about 7-7.5k, depending on how much you wanted it.
due to the nature of the bodywork on ej52 uvu, personally i wouldn't have touched it at all. i would value that at less than 7 (but then personally i'm always about under-valuing cars to get them at the right price)
i didn't even bother to drive ej52 uvu as i was so put off by the paintwork that i just had to walk away.

due to the ratty-ness of both of these cars i have sadly strayed away from the dc5 fron tnow and bought an evo 6 today! (i was using my head when looking at the tegs; in my heart i really wanted the evo, so i thought bugger it based on those two)

i hope that's helped anyone wanting to view/buy either of these cars. the guy who owns sr51 kng said he would probably just keep it after i pointed out all the faults etc.
if anyone wants any more info on either of the cars just drop me a pm and i'm happy to answer any questions.

Pete
:)

pete_griff

TypeGRRR said:
You should of at least seen mine in you were in Essex! #-o
i know - i actually had my mate accessing the forum using my username/password etc to try and get your number but he couldn't find it! - feck!!!

i would love to have looked at your car while i was there - did think of you pal, sorry!

pete_griff

TypeGRRR said:
Shame, you could of seen what that extra money could of gotten you... ;)
i was thinking that exact same thing at the time (and thinking that i should have paid you as well!) - i was pretty hacked off by then with going so far over two whole days, spending approx £180 on train fares and achieving nothing!!! #-o

still i'm happy that i've settled on the evo now - i've always wanted one and there's still scope in future to get a decent dc5...

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
I've spent too much time and fuel in the past looking at cars that aren't as described, or the seller being economical with the truth. I don't see the point in all honesty, if people think that the a buyer will do the deal just because they've traveled a long way, then they are very much mistaken! The best one I had was a 400+ mile round trip to see an absolute shed. [-(

Anyway, enjoy your Evo, AWESOME machines! \:D/ But I'm sure you'll be back on here when you start to realise how much you're spending on it... :lol:

pete_griff

TypeGRRR said:
I've spent too much time and fuel in the past looking at cars that aren't as described, or the seller being economical with the truth. I don't see the point in all honesty, if people think that the a buyer will do the deal just because they've traveled a long way, then they are very much mistaken! The best one I had was a 400+ mile round trip to see an absolute shed. [-(

Anyway, enjoy your Evo, AWESOME machines! \:D/ But I'm sure you'll be back on here when you start to realise how much you're spending on it... :lol:
that's a horrific journey - doesn't it hack you off something rotten when you make all the effort for nothing - to find that the seller is either blissfully ignorant that their car is a dog, or have just blatently lied to get viewers! ](*,)

thanks pal - don't need any encouragement to enjoy it i can assure you! :D
i'm well aware of the running costs (used to have an impreza WR1) - i'm hopefully going to keep journeys to a minimum and make them long/economical; that way i can go some way to justify it.
we'll see anyway! - time will tell :lol:

chrisk1700

i understand the point of your thread mate, i personally havent seen either car and will trust your judgement on them both.

i personally think buying a car that has had paintwork (to a decent stanard) is no problem. im a panel beater for bmw and the amount of brand new cars having paintwork is unreal, so to see an 8 year old car that has had no paint would be a suprise to me. i have just bought a dc5, it has had paint on both quarters and a slight bit of filler in one, i would challenge anyone who doesnt no what they are looking at to tell that it has been painted. the paint is slightly orange peely, but to be perfectly honest and not trying to offend anyone, which honda doesn't????? its easily removed by a quick flat and buff.

i read alot about integras being poorly repaired and to a crap standard (FLO) and all i would say to it is just take someone who no's what theyre looking at, if car has a painted quarter it could be a scratch, or then again it could of had a full side, even still, done properly i see no problem. dont wright a car off just because youve seen its had some paint at some point in its 8 year life. :?:

i hope you find the car you want mate, dont be put off by a little paint here and there :)

Newty

Advanced Member
I think people expect DC5's to be perfect in everyway...daft really, seen as some are now 8 years old!

pete_griff

chrisk1700 said:
i understand the point of your thread mate, i personally havent seen either car and will trust your judgement on them both.

i personally think buying a car that has had paintwork (to a decent stanard) is no problem. im a panel beater for bmw and the amount of brand new cars having paintwork is unreal, so to see an 8 year old car that has had no paint would be a suprise to me. i have just bought a dc5, it has had paint on both quarters and a slight bit of filler in one, i would challenge anyone who doesnt no what they are looking at to tell that it has been painted. the paint is slightly orange peely, but to be perfectly honest and not trying to offend anyone, which honda doesn't????? its easily removed by a quick flat and buff.

i read alot about integras being poorly repaired and to a crap standard (FLO) and all i would say to it is just take someone who no's what theyre looking at, if car has a painted quarter it could be a scratch, or then again it could of had a full side, even still, done properly i see no problem. dont wright a car off just because youve seen its had some paint at some point in its 8 year life. :?:

i hope you find the car you want mate, dont be put off by a little paint here and there :)
hey pal - toally agree with you on this; you'll really struggle to find a car the same age as a teg that hasn't had some sort of repair. the thing is though, there are obviously good and bad repairs.
both of the above cars had undergone poor repairs at some point - i'm no expert when it comes to paint, but i can tell a little more than perhaps some others - but the repairs on these stood out a mile when up close - the one had a bead of laquer where too much had been used and it had run down to the sill! the other had obvious ripply filler on the arch - might just have been a scrap as you say (didn't look to extensive, but the quality of the repair was very shoddy.

if you're shelling out this sort of cash on an enthusiast's car like the teg, you expect certain standards; and these two were definitely not up there (IMO anyway)...

lol at the pic above - that was before it was molested with carbon bonnet/induction kit etc

vampyriaerotica

Advanced Member
Regarding SR51 KNG, it was listed on ebay recently and I won it at starting pricing £7400. Shock to see this post about the condition of this car as obviously, I hasn't seen it in real life and judge it from the pictures.

Anyway, the seller came up with this pile of bulls**t after action ended but I'm glad I am not oblige to commit to this car.

My friend, i have some bad news. Last night my younger brother parked the vehicle outside a club in Leeds and when he got back it was gone. We have reported the vehicle stolen to the police and our insurance company.

I really wanted to sell the car but i cant as its been stoten, i am so sorry for this.

Kind Regards

Shak
Tel: 07977 xxx760

donkeykong

Advanced Member
That guy is a joke, i wanted to view this one also if i didnt get the one i had now!!
I´m lucky that my first choice was good :

that guy wanted cash and told me if i would mess with him he would kill me :) hahahha
crazy dude