Anything to look for when buying a 2nd hand DC5

cfoster

Advanced Member
As above, hopefully going to Linneys as soon as to look at a black DC5 he has down there.. It has done 37k which is a bit higher, but has a few mods like Tein suspension, Mugen zorst etc.....

Here is the link to the one...

http://www.linney.org/2001-black2-integra-DC5.htm

Are there any worries to look for when buying second hand, or is it just the usual case of looking for crash damage/respray/dents etc....

Cheers
Chris

cfoster

Advanced Member
you like em??!!! To be honest im not all that keen on them!! Are they worth a few quid then???

Chris

Trung

Advanced Member
They are only worth £100 for the set. Sell them to me if you buy that car. :)

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Hmmm is that the one you are going to see.. v nice mate... and it has TEINS on it already.. great stuff... .. I am not keen on those wheels either but they are better than the standard wheels so keep em for now... also find out what weight they are because they maybe light which is a good thing for trackdays :wink:

cfoster

Advanced Member
yeah it is the one matey... Has 37000 miles on it which is the only thing which is putting me off. And the fact it has black interior and not red :(. When are the service intervals?? Is cambelt at 40k?

Chris

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
cfoster said:
yeah it is the one matey... Has 37000 miles on it which is the only thing which is putting me off. And the fact it has black interior and not red :(. When are the service intervals?? Is cambelt at 40k?

Chris

Nah that should have already been checked and the Valve clearances should have been done too.. this service errr 36000 so should have already been done mate ... is just the normal... oil & filter, pads and general peek at everything...

BTW when you get your motor (depending on where you live) I know a good garage that you can get your car serviced at or even if you just want a general check over ... :wink:

Oh meant to add Mine has got 36000 plus now... got it with 11,000 Ks on the clock (around 7000miles) now its at 36K plus and I haven't even had it a full year yet :shock: ... damn to many trackdays ....

Anyway what I am trying to say mate as long as its been looked after well you should have no problems... maybe think about getting a Honda Care warranty for the first year so at least if anything does go bang .. pop .. then you are covered ... :D

UW

cfoster

Advanced Member
excllent cheers mate. Since ive found that black one at linneys, i didn't realise there is one for sale on here, so hopefully will be viewing this one! Its got the red interior as well which i wanted, and has only done 11000 miles.

How much is the Hondacare warranty???

Chris