Apexi Good Choice?

puppy

i ordered an Apexi indution kit and apex cat back system for my dc5, i was advised by hyline performance (Cardiff, S Wales...specal place :lol: ) these were the best buy for my car. has anyone had these set up? cant wait :evil: :!: :)

mikegsi

Staff member
i think apexi is generally more nissan than honda, not the best stuff on the market but if the price was right and your happy then whats the problem! :wink:

puppy

i have 2 days to change my mind, what is the best system and induction kit 2 buy then in your opinion?

Type-R 69

Advanced Member
go for injen cold air intake the apexi N1 cat-back is ok i had it on my DC5 when i bought it sounds nice

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
From my experiences and others i know - Hyeline are not the best place to take advice from.

Try V-Spec in Ponty, great rep from work with Honda's

mikegsi

Staff member
best is gruppem, followed by injen cai....

gruppem is £400+, injen is £200, these are dyno proven to be the best

mikegsi

Staff member
as did the injen i put on mine and im sure those with the gruppem would say the same too, your right though that a lot of it is deffo opinion based, however i do remember reading somewhere a proper comparison between teh more popular intakes on the same car adn same dyno which showed gruppem at the top then the injen, the gaps were only marginal though

dan the man

Advanced Member
showed gruppe M at the top with peak power.

how it behaves all through the rev range is another matter :idea:

Paul-CTR

I might get flamed for this but i do not like the way the AEM stacks all its power and torque right at the top. I drove a standard CTR with AEM CAI and tbh it felt dead before VTEC. In comparison my car had alot more throttle response and low down grunt and when we swapped cars the other driver noticed this too.

I also have a standard CTR except for the ITG Maxogen. A long ram filter will always lack the throttle response and low down responsiveness of a sealed CAI.