AppRadio 2 install with LG Nexus 4

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Couple of questions...

Have this radio in the car using iphone 5..

Bought the adaptor to make it work and upgraded software an all that but i just dont think it works very well!

What have you guys done to make it work more smoothly?

What is this arliberator app? Is it worth buying it? Any other cool apps or hardware i can buy to make this better? Thinkin of selling it and gettin something else if not

Thanks

scottj15

Advanced Member
Great Guide, Porthos and Max were kind enough to show me their setups at the weekend and I was very impressed. I'v got a sony xperia Z which I'm looking at getting connected to this very soon. Did you ever find out if your phone works ok on the latest android update?

Crazylegs said:
I'm without my car at the moment so I won't know for certain whether it's going to work on the AppRadio or not but I will check it after.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
alan-lee said:
Couple of questions...

Have this radio in the car using iphone 5..

Bought the adaptor to make it work and upgraded software an all that but i just dont think it works very well!

What have you guys done to make it work more smoothly?

What is this arliberator app? Is it worth buying it? Any other cool apps or hardware i can buy to make this better? Thinkin of selling it and gettin something else if not

Thanks
Hello mate.

AFAIK the radio should work a lot better iwith an Iphone than with an Android phone which is what I've got. You don't need ARLiberator as it's only for Android so don't waste your money downloading it. On one of the most recent posts I think Spirit is using an Iphone IOS software so it might be worth checking with him as to how his works as he got it working first time with no problems I believe.

Also if you've downloaded the Pioneer Appradio app then delete it as it conflicts with the software from my understanding.

scottj15 said:
Great Guide, Porthos and Max were kind enough to show me their setups at the weekend and I was very impressed. I'v got a sony xperia Z which I'm looking at getting connected to this very soon. Did you ever find out if your phone works ok on the latest android update?
Cheers man.

It took a bit of time to compile the guide but it's not an easy thing to do if you are running an android phone so I thought I'd share the info that I researched as it makes it easier for others when it comes to using their Android phone with the device. Oh and it works fine again after re-rooting the phone once the latest update was done.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
If you're using an iphone, you have to have the appradio app, there are plenty of guides on using the iphone 5 with appradio2 on avic411.com, if you need some help PM me with your issues/what you're trying to acheive.

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
I'm using iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0 so my AppRadio app is the older version due to compatibility issues, Max kindly sent me the correct app version :)

alan-lee

Advanced Member
If you're using an iphone, you have to have the appradio app, there are plenty of guides on using the iphone 5 with appradio2 on avic411.com, if you need some help PM me with your issues/what you're trying to acheive.

Thanks dude will have a look at that site now!

Thanks

Yan_man

Advanced Member
Hi just brought one of these still doing the research how to set this thing up. I like to know had any of u Did the E brake bypass?

Mark_teg

Staff member
Hi just brought one of these still doing the research how to set this thing up. I like to know had any of u Did the E brake bypass?

It's **you on this forum please, not 'u' ;)

Just put the wire to ground, it's permanently bypassed then.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Actually it depends which version you are using which is why there's a bit of confusion on this subject. If you have a "Euro" version which we do, then you only need to ground the green parking brake wire as seen here in the second post down.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34594-app-radioapp-radio-2-bypass-confirmed/

But if you don't have a Euro version then you have to follow the other way. I can confirm this as i've done it the Euro way and it works perfect.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Thanks for the link, I will give it a shot now and see if it works :)

*EDIT

Works, lol, thanks a lot! Wow, I just assumed all this time that the region of the units didn't matter....
... the new owner will be pleased, I'll have to tell everyone I know with one as well now, ha ha...

Yan_man

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info. What about a MHL lead ibrought one with a hdmi end and a Mini USB at the other so I guess I won't need a slim port adaptor right?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
Thanks for the link, I will give it a shot now and see if it works :)

*EDIT

Works, lol, thanks a lot! Wow, I just assumed all this time that the region of the units didn't matter....
... the new owner will be pleased, I'll have to tell everyone I know with one as well now, ha ha...
Ha ha, me too until I read that and tried it :

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Yan_man said:
Thanks for the info. What about a MHL lead ibrought one with a hdmi end and a Mini USB at the other so I guess I won't need a slim port adaptor right?
I assume you're talking about getting the iPhone 5 working with it but I haven't got the foggiest how its done other than you have to buy additional leads/adaptors. Its all on the Avic411 forum though, you should find all the answers you need there, im sure theres a thread specifically about it.

Yan_man

Advanced Member
Hi guys I'm installing this app radio in the next few days but should I plug a dongle to it or is better to have the mhl lead?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
It won't work with a dongle I don't think mate, you will need the lead.

What phone are you using?