ARB Bush Sizes

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Hey all,

Thought it would be easier to make a thread about it because I couldn't find it (you search guru's may prove me wrong ;))

Does anyone know what sizes the Front ARB Bush Sizes are?

As Whiteline say the OE spec is 20mm Front and 22mm Rear, however Energy and Superpro says 23mm but to suit OE Spec 24mm.

Now my question is if I get 24mm bushes, would that fit the OE 24mm?

As I am aware that the OE Spec bushes are softer so they give more play after been worn out but Poly bushes aren't supposed to do that, so is that why they have bush sets at 23mm?

When putting the ARB and Bracket back on - when tightening the bolts - will it close the 1mm on a 24mm bush set?

Thanks!
Jono

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
hmmm, i always thought oem were 23mm diameter but i guess we need a volunteer to measure theirs?? someone?? anyone??

the bush needs to be the same size

tysonzane

OEM JDM Type R is 23mm front and rear.

But note that the front and the rear use a different style of bush.

Energy Suspension make a suitable front bush (USDM RSX is the same).

Super Pro and Whiteline both do a rear bush for the JDM 23mm rear bar.

Or you can go to an off the shelf generic 23mm Nolathane bush and bracket which will work on the front and rear of the Type R.

Those are some of the options I have explored in my area of the world.

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
best way is to just spend 15-20 minutes under your car and measure it to make sure.. as I have said in my pm's.. there has been dc5's with 24mm-26mm bushes on the arb..so best way to find out is to measure it by the side of the bush.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
My friend measured the bar, he said it was 24,8 front and 23,8 back. I guess have to take 24 and 23 rear bush?