ARC intake and filters question

BenSayers

Advanced Member
Hi guys and gals.

I'm really tempted to try and pick up an ARC intake if I can, I'm guessing the company has gone belly up by the looks of things.

Does anyone still carry stock for these or will it be 2nd hand job? Also I gather it has two foam filters. What would be the score in regards to replacing/maintaining them? They must have a certain shelf life before they need replacing or are they good for a lifetime if regularly cleaned? Anyone found replacement filters that fit?

I only ask as I don't want to find one and splurt all my money on one to find it becomes redundant pretty quickly.

Thanks in advance.

Dan34

Advanced Member
I think ARC are trading again now, not sure if they have started selling the induction box though.

I cleaned the filters on mine the other day and they came up like new.

BenSayers

Advanced Member
Cheers for the prompt reply. Any of you aware of where stocks them besides nengun? How often do you clean the filters?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

dotty

Advanced Member
Cheers for the prompt reply. Any of you aware of where stocks them besides nengun? How often do you clean the filters?

I've just sold mine but they can be cleaned with the K&N filter cleaning kit available from halfords. They are a great bit of kit but from my experience they are prone to splitting by the front mounting point. I think that may be due to vibrations caused by having engine inserts though. I think people have no problems if running on standard engine mounts.

Dan34

Advanced Member
BenSayers said:

Not too sure who stocks them now if i'm honest :( Probably better buying second hand.

In terms of cleaning, probably once or twice a year tops. Just keep an eye on them and they will be fine. As dotty says above the K&N kit is ideal, comes with cleaning solution and oil.

With the welds splitting mine did it once, but I've since had it welded up and now have vibratechnic engine mounts and been on track 4-5 times with no welds splitting yet (fingers crossed) lol.

BenSayers

Advanced Member
Cool., cheers for all the info.

I'm guessing it's quite a rare bit of kit to pop up for sale so will have to keep my eyes peeled for one.

Cheers again guys!