ARC on Fleabay

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
I have a few search alerts setup for eBay, and the bat phone when off today alerting me that an ARC is for sale.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone is after one.

No link as per forum rules but wont be hard to find.

Needs TLC so starting price is £199.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spooke

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
I have a few search alerts setup for eBay, and the bat phone when off today alerting me that an ARC is for sale.
Just thought I'd share in case anyone is after one.
No link as per forum rules but wont be hard to find.
Needs TLC so starting price is £199.
How do these fair performance wise? Also could you PM me the item number, cannot find it haha

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
PM'd.

From all the posts I've seen people seem to rate them highly. If I remember correctly Dotty preferred it over the GM.

Someone else has one, can't remember who but pretty sure it was a vivid blue owner. He also encountered the same issue as the eBay seller, welding cracked.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chewy has the VB qnd does indeed have an ARC. Differences between GM and ARC are very very marginal which is 5o be expected. ARC imo sounds alot better than GM.

Darren4

Advanced Member
I was very close to getting the Arc Jason, but didnt want to deal with the heatsoak and wife knowing how much they cost 2nd hand.... I've since brought a GM lol

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Because the GM is cheap... Ha ha.

Most of it for me was how it looked in the engine bay. CF hands down looks better in my opinion. But it's all personal taste.

I'm temporarily living close to your area so you might see or hear me driving around ;)

Chewy

Advanced Member
Indeed it is myself.

Differences are slightly more than 'marginal' ;) IMO.

Better low down and mid range performance than the go to Gruppe M, but doesn't perform as well as the Gruppe' top end...but I feel the ARC is slightly better where our cars need it most.

Unfortunately It's very common for the ARC' to split on the welds on the left hand side, Mine has also suffered this.

I prefer the looks and sounds of the ARC over most other intakes, Although up to now I've only had OEM, Tegiwa rip off M and a Top fuel intake to compare it to.

Darren4

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Because the GM is cheap... Ha ha.
Most of it for me was how it looked in the engine bay. CF hands down looks better in my opinion. But it's all personal taste.
I'm temporarily living close to your area so you might see or hear me driving around ;)
Ah nice look forward to hearing you around :)

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Maybe there should be a weekend mini meet somewhere to a local pub with parking and a bit of a nice drive.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Auction seems to have ended early.

Wonder if anyone from here did a deal and snapped it up?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Auction seems to have ended early.

Wonder if anyone from here did a deal and snapped it up?

Yeah I got it mate. Been speaking to the seller for a few days now umming and ahhing. Despite idea to go for it try to resurrect it haha

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Good work. Hope my post pressured you into buying it ha ha

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Success!!

Nothing like a bit of pressure from another forum member and the fear of losing out pushes you to pull the trigger and buy it ;)

Money is over rated, don't worry about it. When it's fitted and you hear the noise you'll soon forget about cost.

Darren4

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Maybe there should be a weekend mini meet somewhere to a local pub with parking and a bit of a nice drive.
Yes there quite a few of us around here, all nice people :)

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Success!!

Nothing like a bit of pressure from another forum member and the fear of losing out pushes you to pull the trigger and buy it ;)

Money is over rated, don't worry about it. When it's fitted and you hear the noise you'll soon forget about cost.

Good one haha!

Hoping to recover the money by flogging the Gruppe M

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
You'll have plenty of takers for that on here or fleabay!