Arch protection

Thethorne

Hi all my teg isn‘t showing any signs of rust just yet but was wondering if anyone had any pictures of stripping the boot showing where you spray wax oil into the cavity‘s and the arches. Thanks

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Will be looking to do the same myself

I'll be following this.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

20Drift

Members
Staff member
Which part you interested in mate? I did my arches back in September 2018 so have a few pics but planning on doing the rest of the underside and behind front/rear bumpers in a couple of weeks so can get more detailed pics at the time if you want

lewis87

Advanced Member
This is my car and what I done, basically take out all the rear interior and rear seats allowing access to the inner arch and I sprayed it all with a cavity wax.

Take off the front, rear bumpers and remove the sill covers and spray cavity wax and clear underseal everywhere. I went for clear because my car had no rust so I didn't want to just cover it in black.

Excuse my rubbish phone pics.

You can see the openings on either side to get access to the rear quarters here:

This is what the inside of the wheel arch looks like from behind the rear speaker hole:

I had a 360 degree wand that comes with Dynax S50 that I could insert in these holes and basically cover the whole of the inside of the sill in cavity wax.

Weird double skin of the wheel arch, no wonder they rust here with stuff getting trapped in between layers.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thethorne

Thanks for the reply‘s guys really helpful looks like I‘ll being doing this in the coming weeks. Thanks