Are these fake?

C2AXG

Advanced Member
The guy has barley any feedback and also selling what looks like knock off rear lower arms...
also said to me in a message he only has silver now the red and purple versions have sold out and wont be in until next week? as far as Im aware they only do them in silver anyway?
why would he be selling a £170 item for a £100 loss...

hoho

Advanced Member
definitely fake, Alibaba specials hahaha ...never buy skunk2/password jdm stuff on ebay ...9/10 of the stuff on ebay are fake.

Fez

Advanced Member
I bought some on bidding for £30 for my ek4 few months back. Everything looks legit tbh, i had a brand new set of genuine ones from tegiwa waiting to go on to my other civic, and side by side, the box is identical, (minus a chinese sticker on the front) the part is identical, bushes seemed just as hard, i couldn't tell any visual difference, looked at the skunk2 fake list but they all matched up same as genuine, but i sold them on before fitting as i wanted money for a dc5 and sold them for £50 more lol.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Fez said:
I bought some on bidding for £30 for my ek4 few months back. Everything looks legit tbh, i had a brand new set of genuine ones from tegiwa waiting to go on to my other civic, and side by side, the box is identical, (minus a chinese sticker on the front) the part is identical, bushes seemed just as hard, i couldn't tell any visual difference, looked at the skunk2 fake list but they all matched up same as genuine, but i sold them on before fitting as i wanted money for a dc5 and sold them for £50 more lol.
You made a £50 profit on the fake ones? I can't imagine anyone who knows they are fake would pay more to you second hand than they can buy them brand new on eBay?

kazmo

Advanced Member
Fez said:
haha... thats you screwed if you ever want to sell anything on here lol

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Price I'd think is more for the metal quality than the shiny colour and how it looks.

Personally I'd rather pay the extra cash and not risk one buckling at 80mph or while being chucked around in anger .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

kazmo

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Haha i wont be buying any reps for the teg ✋
no, i meant i would be very surprised if anyone would ever buy anything from you on here after you just told the world you knowingly sold fake products for a profit....

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Tegiwa Imports said:
Yes they are fake.
how can you tell ? (thats a serious question not a sarcastic remark , is there any identifying feature ) i was thinking about starting a beware section on the forum where people can list fake stuff to warn other members

paul hughes

Fake or not, that Hub Bracket is too thin and will probably crack and eventually snap. also not sure if I would trust someone who has 4 feedbacks ever , one of them was negative and one neutral for products not fitting properly, (deffo chose a seller in the 95%+ feedback bracket). Also most Chinese copy stuff has shaky loose threads and aluminium lock nuts that strip as soon as you fit them because only half of the pitch is in contact.

Just my opinion but M2 Motorsport is by far better quality than most on sale, they come with rotating cable bracket to keep your sensor wire at the top, steel lock nuts, factory pre greased M16 x1.5 threads so when they are locked they are locked. and 6mm steel Hub brackets which wont snap, and NO thread shake at all. They have a 0.2mm tolerance on the thread variance because the thread is rolled on and not cut with a die making it stronger than any die cut thread. maybe you guys should check out the website ,just google it.

Just an opinion though ,,,,ignore it if you like,
:)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Paul Hughes@Buddyclub said:
Fake or not, that Hub Bracket is too thin and will probably crack and eventually snap. also not sure if I would trust someone who has 4 feedbacks ever , one of them was negative and one neutral for products not fitting properly, (deffo chose a seller in the 95%+ feedback bracket). Also most Chinese copy stuff has shaky loose threads and aluminium lock nuts that strip as soon as you fit them because only half of the pitch is in contact.

Just my opinion but M2 Motorsport is by far better quality than most on sale, they come with rotating cable bracket to keep your sensor wire at the top, steel lock nuts, factory pre greased M16 x1.5 threads so when they are locked they are locked. and 6mm steel Hub brackets which wont snap, and NO thread shake at all. They have a 0.2mm tolerance on the thread variance because the thread is rolled on and not cut with a die making it stronger than any die cut thread. maybe you guys should check out the website ,just google it.

Just an opinion though ,,,,ignore it if you like,
:)
that sounds like trading to me, get yer cheque book out Mr H ;)

paul hughes

:lol: How quick was that Si ?? don't miss a trick do you.. nothings for sale in this thread though, just stating specification points.

beppe786

Beppe
copies have got so good you probably won't be able to tell.. most of the stuff ive seen is re branded same stuff selling for more money as it has a name.. seen loads of veriations in hard race stuff.. just my 2p worth

C2AXG

Advanced Member
M2 seem to be making some good products but I believe they have been around for quite some time...
Where do they originate from as a company?
You might have just sold me on the M2 camber arms as I need some and was going to go with the hardrace items.