ARGH!! Toda manifold!!!!

Trung

Advanced Member
I had a very pleasent journey coming home from work today as my exhaust system started to blow.
When I got back, had a quick look under the car to check for any cracks and noticed the bolt for the centre socket of the Toda manifold has gone missing.
The nasty blowing sound is definately coming from there. :x

(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Now you see it:

And now you don't :x :evil: :

Really stupid TBH, if I had figured that out before installing the manifold I would've had the bolt welded on but thats not the point.
Why did Toda/TDi supplied a manifold with a bolt screwed on?
What is the middle socket used for?

Going to be on the phone to TDi first thing tomorrow morning. :evil:

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Don't blow your stack til you've spoken to them Trung - You'll probably find there's a very useful and logical purpose for it (Let us know what it is).

Texas-R

Really stupid TBH, if I had figured that out before installing the manifold I would've had the bolt welded on but thats not the point.
Why did Toda/TDi supplied a manifold with a bolt screwed on?
What is the middle socket used for?

Going to be on the phone to TDi first thing tomorrow morning. :evil:

My guess is it is a spare bung for a Lambda sensor. :idea:
Sorry to hear about losing the plug, tho...looks like you had it screwed fully in. :?

Trung

Advanced Member
FunkyProduct said:
Could be a sensor on the RSX Type-S which aint on the Type-R
Just a guess...
Nope.
The RSX uses 2 lambda sensors like the Type-R.
I could use the extra socket to recieve a/f ratio signals with addtional of another lambdar sensor but right now I just want the d@mn hole covered as its blowing like mad and its embarrising too. People think you're driving a dragster. :oops:
Thread size is M18x10 and no bloody garages and nuts & bolts shop in my area have it in stock. :x

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Perhaps you could use it for an exhaust gas temp sensor for an external gauge...
Just an idea.
cant help you with the bolt though.