ASTs need servicing??

jo3y

Hi, I've got AST's fitted and when I last took it to TDi North they said the front coilovers need servicing as there's a lot of play in them. The handling is really suffering now so I need it done ASAP. Has anyone had ASTs serviced before and can give me the details on how to get it done & pricing etc. TDi North are use to dealing with Tein(sp?) and have requested the info from AST but still haven't heard back.

The AST's were fitted by the previous owner (Gunn79) about a year ago I believe, surely they shouldn't need servicing so quickly?

Cheers,

Charlie

TimB

Advanced Member
yeah, sounds a bit odd to me, suggest you speak to Curtis at Powerstation. He's the AST man

jo3y

Nice one cheers lads. I have a feeling that it's the Cusco Plated Slip diff putting extra strain on them but I'm no mechanic, it's only a guess.

ek4

Advanced Member
contact ast directly yourself for quote, friend had set built by them last year and really praised their overall service

they probably would offer full service (removal, rebuild and replace) but dont quote me on that, never used them myself so cant comment personally

jo3y

ek4 said:
contact ast directly yourself for quote, friend had set built by them last year and really praised their overall service

they probably would offer full service (removal, rebuild and replace) but dont quote me on that, never used them myself so cant comment personally
AST are based in the Netherlands mate and I don't fancy the drive over there :wink:

I've got it sorted now anyway cheers. I contacted powerstation and they said can service them. I'm leaving the car at a Mates garage while I'm away, he'll get them off, send them to powerstation then put them back on when they return. All whilst I'm Snowboarding in Whilster :D

They've quoted £65ish quid per coilover, I just hope they really do need servicing. When I was on the phone to Powerstation they said due to the Angle they're at when fitted to a DC5 they can wear faster, but he said it's mainly when they're fully extended when there's a lot of play in them, i.e. up on a ramp, and that was when TDi had commented on them needing servicing. Oh well, better get it done for peace of mind, I'm getting two new front tyres at the same time then the whole lot aligned at TDi when it's done.

Cheers for the help,

Charlie

ek4

Advanced Member
sorry, i assumed they had u.k office

mate must have had them made up in holland and powerstation were prob place that fitted/setup for him