Attention SKY Insurance

sky insurance

Advanced Member
ladykb said:
Hi just to add I called sky first but being Sunday you were closed instead I called Markerstudy direct and someone promised to call me back that was Sunday 5pm ish, should I call sky tomorrow during office hours? Thanks
Yes, alternatively if you PM me your contact details and the nature of your call, I will arrange a call back for you?

Thanks

ladykb

Advanced Member
Update:

so I pm'd Sky and as promised I got a call this morning from a very polite lady. The first thing she told me to do was phone Markerstudy! :roll:

I pointed out I had been advised Sky could deal with this on my behalf, I was told I had been mis informed and I have to make the claim direct with Markerstudy. She said what they will do is chase markerstudy if they don't come back to me. I pointed out I'd called markerstudy Sunday and had heard nothing back and she was very helpful and got them to call me within the hour.

So far so good, the call from markerstudy was a pleasure a polite lady took all my details and said I need to email my drivers license and the photos I took of the cars.

I'll keep you updated but no problem so far. I assume the inhouse claims handling procedure starts after I call markerstudy?

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Yes, my apologies, I (Ollie) have made a mistake here. The in house claims handeling only kicked in as of 01-06-2010, so this applies for any customers who incepted policies on or after this date.

In this case if there are any problems what so ever, please PMme and I will help.

Please accept my apologies and bring on the fail images #-o :lol:

ladykb

Advanced Member
sky insurance said:
Yes, my apologies, I (Ollie) have made a mistake here. The in house claims handeling only kicked in as of 01-06-2010, so this applies for any customers who incepted policies on or after this date.

:lol:
Are you saying that as i started my policy in March I can't use the inhouse team to raise a claim? How does this new team impact policy costs or renewals, I suspect if customers before 1st June don't have this benefit it's because their policy price doesn't include this service and renewals will include this service at additional cost somehow?

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Hi,

there is no extra charge for the new claims handeling service but this is restricted to policies taken out on or after 01-06-2010.

We are more than happy to help with your claim if required, you have my offer of help above, feel free to use it.

Thanks

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
ladykyb - I had a similar accident to yourself, and am insured with Sky with Markerstudy as the underwrites. Trust noghting that Markerstudy tell you, they told me varying things different days, never called back etc. Then they valued my DC5 against a DC2 which took a week to sort out, then when they finally agreed a decent payment, the cheque was delayed by a week.

Expect up to a two month wait if it's a write off.

ladykb

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
ladykyb - I had a similar accident to yourself, and am insured with Sky with Markerstudy as the underwrites. Trust noghting that Markerstudy tell you, they told me varying things different days, never called back etc. Then they valued my DC5 against a DC2 which took a week to sort out, then when they finally agreed a decent payment, the cheque was delayed by a week.

Expect up to a two month wait if it's a write off.
deffo not write off already been to local Honda for estimate on damage they say new headlight and bumper, it's just cosmetic been driving car fine since accident!

Spoke to markerstudy today admit I did call them, they said not received license info but promptly took me on a conference call with DVLA to confirm I had clean license etc.. They are doing there best to take my car in before next Thursday to fix whilst on 2 week holiday. We will see will update but so far no problem

linzi94

Advanced Member
isnt it strange that a-plan with markerstudy couldnt insure me but adrian flux with markerstudy on my certificate could??

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
chalkie said:
Just got my renewal papers from sky

£871. :xrealangry: :xrealangry: :xrealangry: :xrealangry: :xrealangry: :xrealangry: :xrealangry:

And guess what!!!

I paid it...,cause, I'm a lazy arse. :xhelp:

ladykb

Advanced Member
Update my car goes in next Wednesday, it's only delayed cause I was on holiday it was approved by markerstudy very quickly, they had no problem me using a local Honda recommended workshop.

Might be a slight glitch, they are only approving the new bumper and light currently, but my wing and bonnet are misaligned where the lights was pushed back! They refuse to approve that saying they can't see the problem from the photo dispite there being and inch+ gap. My workshop told me not to worry they would strip back and send more pictures. Just means it will take longer as not fully approved now :xrealangry:

I'll keep you posted

ladykb

Advanced Member
BAD NEWS!!!!
Just had call and my car is not going in due to the headlight and bumper being on back order parts won't be here till september :xcry:

My MOT is due august so this is sure to fail on alignment. Which means I will be car less for over a month not good. But that's not the insurances fault I know. Just want her fixed :roll:

rodney

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
chalkie said:

£871. :xrealangry: :xrealangry: :xrealangry: :xrealangry: :xrealangry: :xrealangry: :xrealangry:

And guess what!!!

:eek: with a man of your experience and *cough* years [-X

I'm hoping mine won't be as bad when I move to your nexk of the woods [-(

vampyriaerotica

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
chalkie said:

And guess what!!!

I got my renewal from Sky back in May for a ridiculous £1020. Phoned around and A-Plan insured me for £680. Sky then want to price match this and I told them to save it as they should provide a competitive renewal quote in the first place apart from A-Plan had already did the hard work in getting me a good price hence I'm going with them!

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
vampyriaerotica said:
Sky then want to price match this and I told them to save it as they should provide a competitive renewal quote in the first place...
Exactly my philosophy. They are all at it though, I switched FROM A-Plan to Sky, because I got silly renewal from A-Plan. Greedy insurance companies... [-(

Type_R6

Advanced Member
My insurance is up for renewal next month with sky, i shall be hoping for a good renewal price please :D

LeeH

Advanced Member
I think mine has dropped a few puonds with Aplan/Markerstudy. £550

I'll give sky a call to see if they can beat it. :)

ladykb

Advanced Member
Update my car is still not fixed!! Apparently the parts are on back order I hate driving her when she's not immaculate. :roll: