Auto Windscreens

stoney123

This is my first time writing on the forum, Hopefully iv posted everything in the right place.

I thought id share my ongoing situation with Auto Windscreens.

After having a guy from Auto windscreens come out and tell me that my windscreen had too many chips to be repaired i got on the phone to Auto Windscreens to get a new windscreen sorted. I am insured though Markerstudy and this is the company they are contracted with ( i read on here somewhere they actually own the company?)
After speaking to them on the phone and making it clear what year and model my car was they gave me a date to have my windscreen replaced.
The first appointment was cancelled the day before they were due to come as the fitter was off work. They came the next day instead. After removing all the plastics and trim the guy realized he had the screen for a DC2 not a DC5. He put the trims back apart from the top trim which he had damaged and didn't have a replacement for so found a spare trim which fitted but was about 3/4 inches too short in width. A new screen was ordered from Honda with a 3-5 day delivery time.
The following week another fitter was sent with the new screen. This was the right screen. He pulled up and hadn't bought a new top trim with him, just the screen. So he left without doing anything. A new trim was ordered.. 3-5 days delivery.
The 3rd appointment and 3rd different fitter. He had the right trim and right screen so i left him to it. After the screen was fitted he showed me the damage that he has done whilst fitting it. He has put a tear in the rubber on top of the dash board above the speedo and nearly all of the clips have snapped holding the outer side trims so he wasn't able to refit them.
Iv have been told to have my dash repaired i'll have to do a 70 mile round trip to the repair center or have my car collected/driven the 70 mile round trip. I got a call today saying my new side trim would be arriving on the 8th or March.. 6 weeks away.
I will say both the Bristol center manager and William at the complaints department are doing everything they can to get this sorted but to have all this come from something as simple (or so i thought) as changing a windscreen is pretty soul destroying when iv put a lot of time money and effort into my car.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
i feel your pain, twice i have had problems with getting a new screen fitted. you really think auto-windscreens would put a note on their system for the Integra and a note to ask the insurer if its a DC2 or a DC5 before they do anything with the customer.

They also need to add all the part numbers and the fact it needs a new top trim. also they should without fail order the side trims as i am not aware of anyone who has had screen replaced without the fitter breaking the white plastic clips on these.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I know exactly how you feel. I had the same problem when i had my changed by Autoglass, i even explained on the phone to the woman that she may have to get this from Honda. They first turned up with a DC2 screen and only realised after pulling my old glass out and damaging it even more. The second time they came out they brought a screen for a left hand drive Acura RSX which wouldn't fit and in the end i ended up waiting another 3 days while they sourced a screen from Honda.

Here are the part numbers which another helpful member of this forum sent me when i was struggling to get mine sorted.

WINDSCREEN 73111 S6M 000
TOP MOULDING 73150 S6M 003
O/S MOULDING 73152 S6M 003
N/S MOULDING 73162 S6M 003

dc5ian

Advanced Member
thye came out and fitted my windscreen without any probs.. 6 months later the top trim came off on the motorway..

Gems

Advanced Member
Auto windscreens came out and replaced the windscreen on my peugeot Saturday just gone (the pug was also insured with markerstudy through adrian flux)....

The guy was lovely but had to stand out in the rain and snow to do it :xaiweb3: I now have a massive leak in the passenger footwell .... (the carpets were dried as thought it may be where he had the door open doing the windscreen) Now this morning its full of water again..... :(

JezW

Advanced Member
I ordered a new top trim today from Steels.

Stoney, sorry to hear about that mess mate. I'm surprised he left it just because he didn't have the top trim...I thought that could be fitted after the screen is in?

Gem, you should really demand that they come out and sort it if it's a fault of the fitter.