AutoArt DC5 model

am03ery

Hi, sorry if it's the wrong topic, but I've been looking for a 1:18 scale Milano Red DC5 model made by AutoArt, I've found out that these were not made in red and they're also not produced any more. Maybe a long shot, but would it be a good idea to email the company asking if they would be able to produce a certain amount of Integra's in different exterior and interior colours? I know some members would be interested in buying a model of their car, but not sure how many units would have to be made and if it's a good idea. Could possibly be a group buy if there's enough interest?

I was thinking

Championship White with Red interior
Milano Red with Red interior
Artic Blue with Blue interior
Nighthawk Black with Black interior

Thanks, Ameer,

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
I emailed them a couple of years ago mate and no they wont reproduce, i eventually found them on good ole fleabay ;)

My set now includes CW DC5 - MUGEN DC5 - NB DC5 - Blue DC5 AND COST A BLOODY FORTUNE LOL.

My next quest is 1/18 FD2 :) the only ones iv'e found are £237 + £39.35 post from Hong Kong which would incur import duty, AutoArt never made them, they are made by Mark Japan. Just cant see me paying that ATM though :(

If you know someone who is good at modeling see if they could spray one of the others if you can find one that is......CLICKY
Strangely they have only recently introduced the NSX.....Got one of them as well ;)

EDIT - No harm in emailing them again mate, you never know :)

T.G.

MrRy

Advanced Member
Wait, how much are these worth? Someone at work got me an Autoart Black DC5 for Secret Santa about 5 years ago, I've never opened it.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
Wait, how much are these worth? Someone at work got me an Autoart Black DC5 for Secret Santa about 5 years ago, I've never opened it.
If it's 1/18 in black anything up to £150, if it's 1/43 up to£50.

CW and the Mugen edition will always command a higher price ;)

T.G.

am03ery

doesn't look like it's going to happen 😕 they replied saying they don't plan to re produce the DC5 line. If anyone's selling a CW or NHB one for a reasonable price let me know!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

am03ery

Topgeezer said:
I emailed them a couple of years ago mate and no they wont reproduce, i eventually found them on good ole fleabay ;)

My set now includes CW DC5 - MUGEN DC5 - NB DC5 - Blue DC5 AND COST A BLOODY FORTUNE LOL.

My next quest is 1/18 FD2 :) the only ones iv'e found are £237 + £39.35 post from Hong Kong which would incur import duty, AutoArt never made them, they are made by Mark Japan. Just cant see me paying that ATM though :(

If you know someone who is good at modeling see if they could spray one of the others if you can find one that is......CLICKY
Strangely they have only recently introduced the NSX.....Got one of them as well ;)

EDIT - No harm in emailing them again mate, you never know :)

T.G.
Thanks for the info, i've emailed them again asking if they would consider launching an FD2 Range as they would be great sellers lol

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
those fujimi kits with a bit of research are shite, they dont fit great but more importantly they require PAINTING!!!!

aint nobody got time for that...

and as mentioned before i think 1/43 is too small.

spooke said:

MrRy

Advanced Member
Just ordered a Fujimi kit so I'll let you know how naff the quality is :) Not done any modelling in years and could do with something different to do at work. Not sure how close I'll be able to get to CW though!

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
I have a 1/24 scale Fujimi DC5 kit being made for my wedding cake haha, haven't heard anything about the kit quality to be honest!

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Saint Matt said:
I have a 1/24 scale Fujimi DC5 kit being made for my wedding cake haha, haven't heard anything about the kit quality to be honest!
now this i have to see haha!

spooke

Advanced Member
I too have a Fujimi kit, haven't built it yet but to be honest its actually not that bad and can look very good. The only thing bad about it is the rear splitter is abit wrong but can be modified to fit nicer.

I'll make a thread for it when I start will be a replica of my car.

Altecians

Advanced Member
Chiming in abit late, I opted for the Mark43 models as shown above.

As far as I'm aware its the only option for Milano Red.
They also do a FL & PFL.

I also have the Fujimi but I have no plans to build the darn thing, they always turn out sh*t haha.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
The Mighty Clam said:
I've had this saved on my favourites for ages, I know nothing of the company other than it's in the USA, or any info on stock levels or if it's a page not updated for ages! Might be worth an email.

http://www.ppsonline.net/Die_Honda.htm
I've just emailed them asking who makes their models and will they ship to UK.

I'll post findings here, but I'm not hopeful as that site looks very amateur and dated.

spooke

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
I've just emailed them asking who makes their models and will they ship to UK.

I'll post findings here, but I'm not hopeful as that site looks very amateur and dated.
I emailed them too, asked them for photos of the blue color and larger photos to see the details.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
He's replied saying they are the auto art ones... But shipping wil be expensive, I will ask him to get a quote and if I do a bulk order will there be a discount