Advanced Member
Hows about this then boys and girls :-

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/resou ... ductID=825

What better reason to take a half-day on a Friday :-

15.00 Arrival/Registration/Noise checks on participating cars
15.30 Tour of facilities
16.15 Safety & circuit briefings
16.45 Drive to pit lanes
“Ducks & Drakes” session around the circuit following instructors, in order to familiarise yourself with the circuit
17.00 Circuit opens
Open pit lane – drive your own car around the track plus you’ll have the opportunity to drive the manufacturer cars
20.00 Circuit closes
20.15 Complimentary BBQ
21.00 Event finishes

DC5-loveR

Advanced Member
i'd be up for that.

But it says 'This trackday is valid for:
Manufacturer - Honda
Cars - NSX, S2000, Civic Type-R, Accord 2.0 Sport, Civic 2.0 Type-S'

?

jonster

Advanced Member
I've booked it anyway.

I would have thought Honda would want to invite drivers of other make cars to tempt them over to their own brand.

Fingers crossed.

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Jonstor's right they hold these events at Bedford quite often with other manufacturers. Basically they bring a few of the model line up, and you can get pax laps in them. IIRC they used to let you take them out for a few laps, with an instructor, not sure of they still do it.

jonster

Advanced Member
It's got to be done guys. Turn up on mass with loads of DC5s and have every prospective buyer ask Honda for a car they can't supply :lol:

T666YPR

Bugger! :(

Fridays is a drinking,sorry,work night for me.

Hopefully I can get on this one:Snetterton

and my credit pays for this one:Cadwell

:D

Show them a proper Honda anyways fellas 8)

Duncs

no can do,
back from scotland midday ish, then off to a dinner dance thing,
would have went though, just to turn up in the car would have been enough :wink:

jonster

Advanced Member
I'll have to take all the glory myself then :)

I wonder if I can put the NSX in it's place? I'll give it a shot.

gonzo

Advanced Member
jonster said:
Come on the track Steve. You know you want to. Test drive and NSX.

See you there.

Jon

Tempted! Know someone organising it so may blag a lap!

Driven an NSX (You'll be disappointed - slower than teg!) then NSX-R on the otherhand is stunning!

(Did you want to meet at 2 or 2.30?)

ps2london

Advanced Member
Open pit lane – drive your own car around the track plus you’ll have the opportunity to drive the manufacturer cars

Jonster, do u think we can test drive the S2000 and NSX on track?
I may do this one :) what tyres are you using??? should i bring my Dulop to play with you??

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Franz,

It reads that you can test drive S2000's and NSX's to name but a few. You can show them how to drift both :)

Do bring you Dunlops. That would be cool. I've only used mine once on the track so far, so Bedford will be good to find their limits safely.

Will you bring your camcorder?

Go for it.

Jon

ps2london

Advanced Member
yeah i will bring my cam.

i may not use the Dunlop, for me to go get and return them is a mission and I need to get up to work at 6am at Sat.... anyway, i will filming you if i can keep up with you :D

look forward to testdrive the S2000 if they allow 8)

jonster

Advanced Member
That's cool. It may be more fair if I have the Dunlops and you have normal tyres :)

The Bedford Autodrome small print says that you cannot bring in-car cameras but they haven't stopped you or Mark before. Lets hope it's not a recent new rule and that they will allow it this time.

I hope they have an NSX-R there.

Looking forward to it. I hope the weather is reasonable.

Jon

jonster

Advanced Member
WOT NO FRANZ!!!

Where were you dude? I had nobody to battle with.

Had a good day anyway and met Gonzo along with some other Honda Type-R's chaps. It was fun driving an NSX too, depite a hare running in front of me on the first lap. No damage to the NSX but the hare was a gonna. I sure it had a pheasant's brain because it matched every avoidance turn I made to miss it.

Jon

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Si,

It didn't feel as fast as the Teg (in it's current form) by a long way and the brakes are hopelessly weak in comparisson. It's still a pretty magical car but I would try and make it lighter (surprise surprise) if owned one. This one seemed to do a funny sort of rear wheel hop when accelerating out of a corner when the traction control kicks in. They wouldn't let me turn this off.

I'm not busting to upgrade to one. I drove a 95 reg Jap import one before at Bedford and it felt quite a bit quicker than this new one. I expect the NSX-R would be to my liking though.

Jon